Looking for Tamiya 1/35 Panther A, the dog of which we speak

kit ought to find it’s new home Friday or no later than Saturday
gary

1 Like

Thanks so much, I do appreciate your help.

It arrived today in stellar shape!

1 Like

When I saw the Great Ones campaign I immediately thought of the old Tamiya Panther. The only thing that keeps me from purchasing old Tamiya tanks for painting practice are the vinyl tacks. For the cost of an old Tamiya tank plus tracks, new models with link and length or individual tracks come into range.

Good luck with your project. I look forward to seeing the results.

Part of the challenge is how to use the tracks to their best appearance. The outside is OK, you just need to be creative about the inside. The Greats use a diorama base. Put that to your advantage. You could have it crossing a shallow stream and the mud/water hides the lack of detail on the inside of the track

I know almost nothing about the three people referenced in The Great Ones campaign description and exactly nothing about how they built models. With only the campaign description to go on, my thought was to build an armored car or truck with some plastic stock upgrades, thus avoiding the track problem. A Tamiya Sd.Kfz. 222 or Quad Gun Tractor seem like logical choices. While I have almost zero experience with diorama bases, a desert base seems within easy reach. A water base would be fun but require a lot more effort since I know nothing about water effects. Hopefully, the stars align and I can participate. :slightly_smiling_face:

They were great scratch builders. They created the parts they needed. You can buy better parts and conversions today, but in their day, they were the masters of their craft.

About the water, leave your comfort zone and stretch out your skills. Mastering something begins with a first trial.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.