M-atv

11 Likes

that came out well!
gary

1 Like

This model is kicking my arse…plugging away still. The rear part is a mix of PE and kit parts . Antennas are not fixed yet . The foot boards part took ages to line up…as did the spare tyre part…nearly there now though.

9 Likes

@Johnny, coming along nice. Getting things to line up can be a hassle in some kits. You extra effort is paying off well here.

@Gary_Totty, can you share more about the 4 wing on top that gets sawed off? TIA

1 Like

look at the top side of the gear box, and you’ll see four wings just hanging out there and doing nothing. They are there for the assembly line, and were never meant to be on there when shipped. I worked in that area for about four years when I got laid off keeping the equipment running. The original use for them was to mount the raw casting to the fixture for machining, but was later incorporated to use with the robotic assembly area. So why saw them off? They won’t support the weight of the assembled transmission, and have been known to simply break off when they try to pick up the unit with them. I’ve seen them break about a dozen times, and when that happens the gear box is considered junk (they send it to a rebuild area and the case is tossed even if it’s OK. Just a side note the failure rate for that style gear box is 1.8%, and it’s usually an electrical connection. Every gear box is 100% tested before assembly and 100% after assembly. Even if it’s for a commercial use (trucks and school buses mostly)
gary

1 Like

Progress so far…windows next .

6 Likes

10 Likes

Some detail pics of OPR , buff oils mainly , smoke to outline . Splashed dirt AK colours

Processing: 20231110_185252.jpg…

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

I have a question , or a request rather , about the wiring to the boxes at the back . I got the duke antenna bits of blast models from France , great bits … but does anyone know any more of the layout of said parts . Fanks in advance.

7 Likes

Fantastic work so far ! I have the exact same kit headed my direction, but waiting on the Def Models tire upgrade

Which sand color did you originally use

1 Like

Its a mix of tamiya buff . Think i started with german dark yellow , then lightened as i went along . No primer by the way .

1 Like

That my friend is one great looking build! I don’t know how I missed this .

2 Likes

In the Humvee, the DUKE box is in the trunk. In the case of M-ATV, I don’t know how it is mounted, but I’m also not sure if there is a newer version of the controller. Polish M-ATV GROM have something different there

7 Likes

Thanks Makinen , been trying to find some other references as well .
Progress ? Just some gas cans and the mud flaps .

7 Likes

Windscreen and wipers done , not entirely happy with the tint on the windows .

8 Likes

Done the flexible conduits from the underside to the rear frame .

7 Likes

8 Likes