M1A1 USMC Ayuda

Good afternoon. Simple and quick question. What is the best M1A1 at 1:35 to make one of the usmc.
Thank you

That is too broad of a question. When do you want it to represent? ODS, '90s, 2000s Iraq, 2000s Afghanistan, current…

No kit required, they are all gone. :cry:

No kit required, they are all gone. :cry:

So true. Great decision, not.

For a recent (post 2000) one, Meng’s kit is the best.

As I recall no OOB kit will make all those. Rye Fields 5004 I think can be used for all with aftermarket from Prefect Scale Modellbau for the different locations and eras.

Not really, it doesn’t have any USMC parts; such as the 8-shot smoke launchers, MCD, nor fording gear in the kit.

Doh! Those are important details. I had a Tamiya or Dragon sprue of parts for my kit.

It would be a current one.

I do not know if MEUs currently have M1A1s. Which one could I use? Meng?

The USMC is currently getting rid of all their tanks, so there are no “current” ones anymore. The Meng kit will build a recent one though.

Typically most MEU’s would have 4 M1A1s. However this summer the Marine Corps decided to retire all tanks from service, mistakenly I might add but we will see. The plan I understand it is to use Army tank units if needed. The articles never said if they would join on a MEU.

The Meng kit would work. I would use pictures to match up with what tusk items may or may not be used.

The Marines have been reducing their tanks since about 2000. The Marines 8th Tank Bn. started disbanding and being converted to other units about then.

I don’t see what they plan on replacing tanks with that can wade into a heavy fight. Anything that can defeat an M1 can defeat anything they plan on fielding. Drones are fine but they cant hold ground or clear a town.

[quote=“TopSmith, post:12, topic:2296”]
The Marines have been reducing their tanks since about 2000. The Marines 8th Tank Bn. started disbanding and being converted to other units about then. [/quote]

That was a reduction of two companies or reassignment to different mission and putting the other two under one battalion as I recall.

As I understand it they are not replacing tanks, they will still use tanks, they just won’t be operated and owned by Marines. That mission will be done the Army. Kinda like shipping is done by the Navy and heavy airlifting done by the Air Force. The whole idea seems silly to me.

We can spend that free time/assets hunting subs now. :roll_eyes:

From what I can see, it’s not just the Spanish Marines who forget about the chains. From what I can see, it’s not just the Spanish Marines who forget about the chains. In Spain they will provide Piranha vehicles with wheels to provide them with 105mm guns

As I recall the LAV only has a 25mm gun. Marines don’t use the Stryker which has/had a big gun. The Amtrak can have 40mm but as I recall the range is not great and that’s an anti personal weapon.

It’s the Piranha IIIc. It’s not the Lav used by the USMC. As I understand it is a tower similar to this but with a canyon of 105

1 Like

Sort like we should add " and heavy fighting done by the Army." I guess the Marines plan to run around chasing insurgents in Tuna boats. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Not in tuna boats, but in hoverboards with which they hunt alligators in lousiana yes. :grin: