I airbrushed a coat of Mr Surfacer 1000 as a primer. The primer coat revealed some minor issues I have since fixed. Here’s how the tank looks now (minus the gunner’s MG/shield, and some details). I’m happy that my scratch built additions and modifications are of the same detail level as the kit itself. And the tarp turned out just fine as well.
Really nice work here Erik. The tarp looks just right, and nice idea in how to make it, strange where inspiration comes from
I’m making progress getting the base coat of paint on everything. I still have a bit to do on the turret, and then it’s on to the tedious track and road wheel painting on the hull. Of course I’ve made my life difficult by attaching the running gear, tracks, and side skirts before painting.
I’ve finished the base coat on the turret. The tank I’m modeling mine after has some green replacement parts on the barrel. So I brush painted those with Vallejo green.