M2/M3 Bradley Reference

Thanks. Glad you like the new ones,

2 Likes

My bad, dude. Totally forgot to answer your question.

This is temporary:

Notice how the Fire Extinguisher instructions have been masked off.

On a green painted Bradley (not temporary) the data is painted over the green, like this:

You have to look carefully, but it’s there. I’m noticing more and more vehicles at TACOM painted in just green, just like the JLTVs I posted at Fort Carson a year or two ago.
And then there are these: (not worth of a full walk around as I already have them in sand and three tone)

1 Like

I agree. I am seeing more and more dark green vehicles. The green looks like a darker green than NATO green too. Similar to the post WWII/Cold War dark OD green.

1 Like

Maybe Khaki Drab.

3 Likes

The IR reducing paint changes hue right before your eyes, I wouldn’t sweat to exact shade too much. The old Testors field drab works for me.

2 Likes

Since these colors are standard and are currently being used, their FS number should be readily available.

1 Like

The Honorable Christine Wormuth, United States Secretary of the Army, speaks with Lt. Col. Rob Parsons, 1st Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment Commander about the M2A4 Bradley infantry fighting vehicle, on Fort Cavazos, Texas, January 30, 2024. III Armored Corps and subordinate units provide a trained and ready force that directly supports U. S. Army Forces Command and fundamentally aims to deter potential adversaries. (U.S. Army photos by Spc. Alejandro L. Carrasquel Vazquez)

U.S. Army Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division support 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, using M2A4 Bradley Fighting Vehicles during Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) rotation 23-10, at Debosier City, near Fort Johnson, L.A., Sept. 29, 2023. The JRTC allows U.S. Army forces to test its Paratroopers using realistic pre-deployment training scenarios that cover all aspects of armed conflict. More than 4,000 2nd BCT Paratroopers participate in the rotation, validating their preparedness for potential upcoming missions. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Hannah Stewart)

Good photos of the NATO Woodland Camo color from DVIDS.

3 Likes

1-5 at Cervezas? I thought that guy looked familiar… :grinning:

5 Likes

ET Model now has a set of T161 tracks for newer Bradleys as well. It looks like just tracks, no sprockets. They will only be usable on kits that already come w/T161 tracks, i.e. Kinetic and Magic Factory.

In addition to the open guide horns they also managed to get the divot at the top. They must have good references.

2 Likes

James should be able to make some corrected drive sprockets for this track set. Heaven knows we could all need a proper T-161 drivetrain for all the older Bradley sets out there.

2 Likes

@JacquesD already has the T161 sprockets in his sets. I’m sure he would sell them separately as well.

1 Like

Maybe Jacques can alter his. Seems like a quick fix.

1 Like

From US Army on LinkedIn. Photo by Spc. Jensen Guillory.

1 Like

Nice pic. I’ll see your A3 and raise you with an A4.

1 Like

405th Army Field Support Brigade Commander Col. Ernest Lane II conducted a maintenance terrain walk of the Coleman Army Prepositioned Stocks-2 worksite in Mannheim Germany :de: June 5. Also in attendance were members from both Germany Battalion and Poland Battalion, plus operational partners from APS-2 Coleman.

Discussions during the visit included the 405th AFSB’s ‘Pivot to Poland’ mission, movement of an entire modernized Armored Brigade Combat Team’s worth of APS-2 armored vehicles and equipment pieces from Mannheim to Poland, readiness of a second ABCT’s worth of APS-2 at Coleman, and the recent, highly successful issue of nearly 100 Bradley Fighting Vehicles to 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, U.S. Army.

From LinkedIn.

1 Like

There’s no doubt Soldiers on the frontlines need support, and recently Soldiers from 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, U.S. Army said they received exceptional support from the 405th Army Field Support Brigade’s Army Field Support Battalion-Poland when the battalion issued nearly 100 Bradley Fighting Vehicles to the Cavalry Soldiers at two locations in Poland and one in Lithuania, May 20-31. Read more :arrow_right:: LinkedIn

From LinkedIn.

1 Like

Putin must be pootin’.
10th Group is moving 1st Bat from Stuttgart to Poland as well. I won’t name the city…

3 Likes

#DefenderEurope Less than 24 hours after touching down in Prague :czech_republic: via commercial air from the U.S., :us: West Virginia National Guard Soldiers fell in on Army Prepositioned Stocks-2 at Libava Training Area in Czechia :czech_republic: for DEFENDER 24.

The 405th Army Field Support Brigade’s Africa Battalion from Italy :it: and contractors from the Coleman APS-2 worksite in Germany :de: who set up the Equipment Configuration and Hand-Off Area greeted the Army National Guard Soldiers from 1st Squadron, 150th Cavalry Regiment and provided them a safety briefing. Immediately following this, they began the work.

In less than 60 hours, the 1st Squadron, 150th Cav. Regt., and the 405th AFSB completed all the joint technical inspections and preventative maintenance checks and services, and the National Guard Soldiers signed for a cavalry regiment APS-2 set.

From LinkedIn.

2 Likes

AMPV photo from the U.S. Army.

2 Likes