Bradley OIF 1 side storage racks

Does anyone know if tgere is a kit for the side racks like we had in OIF1?

2 Likes

Only 2 BDE, 3ID vehicles drawn from APS 5 in Kuwait had the side bins. They were locally made in Kuwait. There is no kit that has them in plastic. Eduard does/did a PE set for them though. It also includes standard Bradley tie-down cleats and the jerry can racks that were also made in Kuwait and only on 2 BDE vehicles.

M-2 Bradley Stowage Boxes (36004)

Directions for them: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/9/1/7/119917-70-instructions.pdf

1 Like

1 Like

Our BFists had them too

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I think the ADA team did too.

1 Like

Were you part of 2 BDE, 3ID? What unit were you? I was in 1-39FA (MLRS), 3ID on the initial invasion.

1 Like

If I can find the resin Legend ones (they come preloaded with stowage, they’re yours if you want them.

1 Like

You were right next door! I was a 13F in HHB 1-9 FA, Battlekings, supporting A Co 3-15, Go Gators.

Me next to my vehicle on my last day in Iraq
FB_IMG_1491722673998

2 Likes

Rumor is that was the first BFist into combat or so the plaque at Sill says.

1 Like

Are you sure?

1 Like

Very cool. Good to have a fellow Dogfaced Soldier aboard.

Forgot about the Legend set. You only get one basket per set though. Designed for the right side

1 Like

This is a the first model I saw that aas a BFist that some made based on my buddies track that took an RPG to the fuel cell.

1 Like

I think the model is in the 3ID museum now.

1 Like

I actually built the A Co, 1-64 AR BFIST that is in the 3ID Museum. Is this the one you are thinking of? I used the Eduard PE storage racks on it.

More here: M7A2 BFIST, A Co, 1-64 AR, 3 ID, OIF 1 - FineScale Modeler - Essential magazine for scale model builders, model kit reviews, how-to scale modeling, and scale modeling products

2 Likes

I must have been told a fib. Anyway, yeah, I still talk to a couple of the guys, one was my original battle buddy on a COLT team, that were part of that team. The museum was closed the only time I was back so I haven’t seen your model but that’s cool man. What made you decided the blown up BFist to make? Man that was a lucky shot on their track. I’m going to send a pick of your model.

1 Like

Tell the crew thank you. A compliment from them is way better than any from a modeler. Here is a piece of the museum display. The BFIST on the far right is mine.

2 Likes

There is this Verlinden set too. It has stowage but only one side stowage rack, along w/two of the jerry can racks.

Currently on eBay.

1 Like

I have to make another trip to Stewart sometime soon. Last time I visited the base was in 09 while going through FLETC. I was stationed at Stewart in the 90s when the 24th ID was there. The museum back then was much, much smaller.

1 Like