M3 GRANT question

Grant II - you can see the double engine deck grills for the diesel engine if you look closely enough.

Grant II Deck

Grant I on the left, Grant II on the right:

4 Likes

May not help with your question but the Australian Armour and Artillery museum have recently start restoration work on their welded hull Grant II back to running order.

3 Likes

Thank you @Littorio I have the ILK M3A3 welded hull version to make one. I saw this is person avout a month a go at AusArmour fest 2022!! :blush:

@SdAufKla this is the answer I was after with pictures to match!! Thank you and all who replied to this question. I have the David Doyle M3 Lee and Grant book at home, but am away at the moment.

2 Likes

No problem Nick, I’ve been following these guys during their Panther and Stug builds awesome work the team puts in, I so look forward to a Wednesday for another episode.
One day I may get out there in person, would need to time it right for the Bathurst 1000 as well.

1 Like

Side doors are all different! Some had no side doors. Some had ‘rounder’ hull corners!
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/us/m3_lee_grant.php

I managed to meet Kurt and Beau when I was there, and they were absolutely lovely and friendly people. Happy to help out, I purchased a link of Matilda 2 track link and Kurt was hands on! Amazing people. I have heaps of pics and videos from the day!!