M730 Chaparral

I would, then you can paint them individually and not get paint all over the launcher.

1 Like

When its edited like that, it doesnt make much sense does it?

Nearly finished the Chaparral revisions, but I need some help with headgear used during ODS.

Can anybody confirm if the tanker helmet of the day was worn by the driver? I saw one pic showing this but another pic shows (what looks like) the older leather? type with a standard pre-fritz helmet perched on top.

Goggles and shemag/face mask seem pretty common too. Quite a challenge if I tried to add that!

Yes, the standard armored crewman headgear was the CVC (Combat Vehicle Crewman) helmet at that time. The driver did usually wear goggles and a face covering to knock down the dust as well. The face covering was usually a OD green cravat wrapped around his head. You could get these from the medics as they carried a bunch to use as slings, pressure dressings, etc.

1 Like

Thanks Gino. Back to the bench…

IMG_3657

Changes made as suggested. Bit of chipping and weathering, missiles repainted stripes (too wide), new crew figures (need goggles and scarves). Orange co. aerials added.

ODS-era MRE cartons just arrived, too late for pic.

5 Likes

That looks way better!
Really like the finish.

Much better. Great job.

This is such an interesting vehicle; I have an ancient one in my stash and could just about see it finished in the MASSTER scheme. When? I have no idea.

But great model.

Nice job, looks great.

Thanks! Ive started dabbing some Vallejo grey in places, using sponge. Then a light wash.

1 Like

I may have missed it but what kit is this? Nice job incorporating all the suggestions and fixes. :+1: :+1:

Very nice work!

This was, I think, the first AFV Club kit they produced.

You’re right, it was AFV’s first I believe. The M730 Chaparral.

Looks better! Well done on the changes for a very nice finish! :+1:t3:

Like this?

That’ll be the one!