Made in France - multi-genre

I am weak - i hit purchase now.

2 Likes

@phil2015 If it’s as good as his work on the Mig-23 in Middle Eastern service it will be worth it!
Thoroughly enjoying that one while I work on my Iraqi MIG.

@phantom_phanatic. I believe you! I have one of his volumes on the Iran Iraq war and have read another one. They are good though brief but I’m not sure whether very much will ever be known about that war. But it’s a great field for modeling subjects, both air and ground.

I wish someone made an Iraqi Mirage F1 in 1/48. I may have to do a special hobby one in 1/72.

1 Like

Certainly is an interesting one. Lots of good subjects too. I’m already thinking of doing an Iranian Phantom or Tomcat!
There was a 3 part documentary on PBS not so long ago that was very interesting. And yes I think it would be very difficult to get the truth out of both regimes. We may never know the full story of a lot of the events.

The Helion books on the Iran-Iraq war are great- not to mention their books on several other conflicts- most of them have decent sections on aircraft.

There is a top class book on the Iran-Iraq war by Pierre Razoux- there is plenty in it regarding the air war including info on the sales of French aircraft.

1 Like

Yes, the Razoux book is really first class. I managed to get it through interlibrary loan during Covid when I was out of work. I would like to buy it for my library.

1 Like

Had some time to add a few more of the decals on the right hand side this afternoon.
Think the stripes will need a little touching up.

5 Likes

Nice job Stephen.

Olivier

1 Like

Thanks Olivier.
The stripes were the tricky ones. Now they’re done, the rest of the national insignia and stencils should be easy!

1 Like

Really grabs attention Stephen. Looking great.

1 Like

Thanks Peter, it’s definitely one to catch the eye. I’ll have to do a couple more Tigermeet aircraft in the future.

1 Like

Looks really great so far, I like it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Peter.

Hoping to get a bit more time to do some more tomorrow. This weekend has been very busy with no time to do anything!

All the main markings are on, now onto the tedious job of applying all the stencils.
Revell were very thorough in making sure making sure they gave you everything!

8 Likes

Made some touch ups on the tail stripes and the inside of the strakes. Wasn’t until I was applying the decals I realised I should have left the insides of these aluminium. I thought this would look a bit odd, so rather than repaint I added in the stripes. Bit of artistic license and not strictly accurate, but I do think it looks better.

Also made a start on painting the seeker heads on the missiles and applied the last of the decals to the centreline tank and pylons.

Should be on the homestretch now.

7 Likes

If the stripes were not on the original, they should have been. They look fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks Peter, I think it does look better painted both sides. I’ve been trying to find some photos of this aircraft, but nothing yet.

So I realize I haven’t really worked on a kit for a campaign for ages. Was torn between a Char b1s or a Comet (for another GB)

Then I remembered owning this little bugger

Have never finished a french tank before - let’s see how well I can replicate the camo. Still thinking of how I’ll do the black lines outlining the camo - whether to brush paint that or to use a marker.

6 Likes

Nice!

Someone here did an outlined camo for a T-54 or T-55, perhaps in that campaign? I despair of how to pull that off, but others have been successful at it, so go for it!

1 Like

The third R35 but the first French scheme. :+1:

1 Like