Made in France - multi-genre

Yeah comes with tons of ordinance. The detail looks fantastic in the box!

1 Like

Since I only have like 20 unfinished projects right now, its time to open a new box. And what is a better subject then the legendary Renault FT17 ? So I started yesterday and made some progress. The kit is good, but not perfect. It will be closed up so no interiour this time.

11 Likes

Nice choice! :raising_hand_man:

Nice choice, Jacob. I have the same kit in my stash, so will follow your verdict with interest :slight_smile:

Looking forward to see more :+1:t2:

The kit is not bad, but it could be better given the importance of the subject. Poor location of sprue attachment points, unclear position of parts, a lot of the armour plates are separate with no clear positioning. Just look at the pictures. I glued most of those plates just by eye and I HOPE they will fit in the end. Anyway im off to France so no more pictures for the coming days…

8 Likes

Have actually made quite a bit of progress, here’s where the R35 is now. Need to touch up a bit of the paint

12 Likes

Fantastic James- what a beautiful paint job you’ve got there!

1 Like

Yes, well done so far! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I have pretty much finished the kit, here she is:
French R35 Light Tank, “Le Buffle”. Operational somewhere in Sarrebourg, France, 1940. (Tamiya 1/35)

13 Likes

A wonderful French machine James- it really does look like the photo right down to the weathering!

1 Like

Nice. Seems like you just started it.

1 Like

It is a sweet little kit and you did it justice. Very nice indeed.

1 Like

Really nice paint and weathering !

1 Like

Tiger models VBL .50
Oob

12 Likes

Another really nice VAB. Looks great.

Great looking VBL in the desert camo- really looks the part with how you’ve weathered it. How would you rate the kit?

thank you
for the kit it is correct
if i compare it to the meng husky tsv kit i did some time ago the level of detail and overall fit is inferior
I don’t know if hobbyboss VBL is better
the offer for modern French armor is rather limited
I would like a serious company to bring us a VAB ultima and VBCI it is a vehicle that has been in operation for more than 20 years
the only model available is from heller
average quality and very hard to find

1 Like

Yes, I hear you.

When Takom started doing its AMX-13 variants, I had hoped they would do an AMX-VCI APC but it was not to be. Heller’s mid '70’s kit remains the only 1/35th scale one in styrene, as far as I know.

Very nice VBL. The turret should be painted as the hull though unless it’s a replacement.

Hobby Boss VBL is not better. It has wrong shapes in some areas. Tiger Model still is the best.

Olivier

thank you for the information