Magazine disposal

Get rid of them and retake that hill for kits! :military_helmet:

4 Likes

try going to a half priced book store.

1 Like

I take all my magazines and scrub them for articles I wish to cut out and put with the specific kit I might happen to have that matches an article…been doing this for a couple of decades now. If the magazine has no article value to any kit I have, I take them, and all VFW/Legions/DAV magazines, and drop them off at local VA’s when I have appointments.

4 Likes

Theres a model club ithe City thats having them to be distributed to the members. Also gives me an excuse to go join the club lol

5 Likes

Is that what’s called a win-win situation?
:+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a similar issue with a load of old motorcycle magazines a few years back, some of them dating back to the 1970s and complete sets. I advertised them in a bike mag, the result was some idiot rang me up to say, “Have you got such and such issue from whatever date?” I pointed out to him that I didn’t want to break sets and sell individual copies and I was prepared to sell him the whole lot at a reasonable price and he went away. He then phoned me back a week later saying “I’ve managed to get so and so, do you have whatever?” I got cross and put the phone down on him. Then I tried contacting a dealer who was advertising good money for collections. He wouldn’t quote me over the phone, but wanted me to drive around 200 miles to him on the offchance he’d give a decent price for them. Presumably he figured that by the time I’d done that, he could pick them up for a pittance, as I’d hardly want to go back with them. By this time I was so hacked off I bundeled them all in the car and took them up to the tip. Shortly after, I realised I’d binned the issue that had a write up on my actual bike done at a rally and several more where my letters had been published. C’est la vie!

4 Likes

I took my old stack of Modeling Mags to my Barber’s Shop, it was definitely different from the usual hair style mags, home decorating mags, Southern Living mags etc., they stayed around for about six or seven months.

Cajun :crocodile:

3 Likes

Gone are the days of good reading material in my doctors’ waiting rooms. :books: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

The proper term is Dumping Magazines. Although with the cost of pew-pew seeds lately, I don’t do as many Magazine dumps at the range.

6 Likes

I just did a search for “magazine” on eBay (USA). Considering current events, the results made me laugh.

An eBay (UK) search for “Fine Scale Modeler Magazine” pulled up 32,000+ results.

Maybe leave em on a table at a model show marked ‘Free’?

Maybe a library or school could get them into the hands of kids?

3 Likes

EBay?

1 Like

Too much work. I doubt that anybody wants them. Let go and downsize. 86 'em. …:books::wastebasket::recycle:

3 Likes

A local Boy Scout / Cub Scout group might appreciate them.

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

Some barber shops may take them

1 Like