Merkava 3D (Academy/Legend/scratch)

Inspired by a photo that appeared in a military magazine in an article about the Israeli operation “Summer rain” back in 2006, I made very slowly this kit, a hybrid Academy (hull) and Legend turret and engine cover, while the side skirts are from scratch, main gun is a modified Academy one (smoke evacuator). I actually copied the scene from the photo, except for the figures, poetic license. Sorry for the pics, too dark.

13 Likes

There is a lot of hard work put into the model. The contrast of the color shades is too much for the tank but that is subjective. I like the scenery and the figures.

Nice display :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

The pics are too dark, i had taken the pics with the sun light and the results is this unfortunately

I quite like the darkened tones- it gives the scene a moody sort-of feel. The dark and light areas of the tank, figures and base stand out particularly well showing you’ve put a great deal of work into it. The weathering on the tank is awesome- how did you go about doing that?

1 Like

That’s a great job Lucio. I love the finish on the tank, you really bring out the various details of the turret and hull. The figs and groundwork look great too. Photographing outdoors in bright sunlight sometimes gives you harsh shadows but the pics don’t look to bad. Nicely done !

1 Like

I like this look. The figures are great. Is that a Banksy on the wall?

1 Like

Thank you, the tank was painted with Vallejos, to be exact with 71023, the basic aging is always more or less the same, classic washes and pin washes with Dark Aging True-Earth suitably diluted, all the powder both in the light and dark tones, on the other hand, it is the work of the liquid pigments of Lifecolor, as I also did on the M1 Abrams. I applied it by wetting the surface for the horizontal surfaces and on a dry surface for the side skirts to simulate accumulations of dust. The oil stains are always made with the True-earth product, but the general tones are less bright than in the photos, the sun has played a strange trick and I’m not familiar with photography. @KoSprueone the wall is a piece of balsa wood that i engraved with the cutter to simulate the stones and covered with Tamiya acrylic desert sand to simulate the plaster inside and the roughness of the stone on the outside and yes it’s a Banksy, i downloaded the photo from the net and made a decals. It wasn’t there in the original photo but as I said I took poetic license.
The Israeli soldiers are a Frankenstein, I used a Verlinden (?) torso for the commander, I don’t remember exactly, to which I rebuilt The gear with putty, while for the infantrymen I used a Blast Model torso and always with epoxy and parts from bank of pieces I recreated the rest of the gear, legs and arms always from the bank of pieces, Warrior heads if I remember correctly, the shower cap instead in putty

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining your process Lucio :+1:.

1 Like

Bonjour, magnifique réalisation…

1 Like

If you still have it, you should post the photo.
Overall great presentation.
Ken

1 Like

No problem @tankerken

and some other pics

etc etc…

3 Likes