Metal tracks recommendations for 1:35 IDF Vehicles

From what I can understand:

The track link ends of the Centurion track used to bend upwards thus blocking the pin. So the IDF cut the ends in every sixth link and replaced them altogether, without having to worry about bending the track link end into place. That is why you see photos of Shot Cals with six link assemblies on the air cleaners during deployments.

1 Like

Used my airbrush for the first time :star_struck:

Super fun, but the fun time vs cleaning time ratio was alarmingly low :grin:
I’ll have to come up with a better plan for tomorrow :smile:

prepare more stuff for painting, also you dont have to disassemble the airbrush each time you paint, just spray some solvent after and leave some in solvent the cup. I usually dissasemble and clean the airbrush thoroughly once a month or depending the usage.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.
It was my first time so I’ve sprayed 2 cups of Tamiya Airbrush Cleaner and disassembled and cleaned it completely.
Definitely will do A LOT MORE painting tomorrow.

1 Like

Plus my wife did not kill me for ruining the kitchen, so I’d suppose this was a good start :smile:

Yea, that is always a good thing. And don’t worry, there really is no “dumb question.”
As for the airbrush, everybody is a little different, depending the brand and model of airbrush, as well as what paint you use. In time, you will work out what is best for your conditions. Until then, listen to what the others have said and use that as a guide. Any other questions, just ask. That’s what this forum is for.
Ken

Quick question:
I have AFV 35293 Doher model in stash. Thinking of replacing the vinyl tracks with Friulmodel ones… Which one should I get: ATL-139 or ATL-140? As far I as understand I’ll need ATL-140, but please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you in advance!

ATL 139 or the Italeri 6515 tracks or the Riich RE30002

1 Like