Military History Through The Ages @ American Heritage

I am actually already going to this event on the 7th. For those who don’t know this is the museum that now houses much of the Littlefield Collection from California. Oddly enough I had several opportunities to see this back when he was alive, but missed them. Now the collection is 2 hours drive or so from me. :smiley:

The American Heritage Museum is presenting a living history exhibition –
Military History Through The Ages, August 7th and 8th. This extraordinary weekend program features multiple historical encampments laid out chronologically over the great expanse of the museum grounds. Starting as early as the French Indian Wars and Revolutionary War, to the Civil War, World War One, World War Two, Korean War, up to the Vietnam War will be represented. There will be several demonstrations and a battle re-enactments featuring the Civil War New England Brigade and the Liberty Greys (6th Regiment).

Gates open at 9:00am and close at 5:00pm each day. Demonstrations at the various encampments are ongoing through the day.

All three museums will be open: The American Heritage Museum, The Historic Aviation Hangar and Classic Automobile Barn. This is a unique opportunity to see some of the world’s most rare aircraft, extraordinary American classic automobiles, historic tanks, armored vehicles, military artifacts and much more.

There is over 100,000 square feet of space within the American Heritage Museum and Hangar combined.

Food and beverage will be available for purchase on site and picnics are allowed.

1 Like

I’ve been to the new (~2 years old) museum twice. The collection is broad, the restorations are thorough, and they are well arranged. The downside is their extensive use of colored lighting which makes the vehicles hard to seen and changes the appearance of the colors on the vehicles. I can’t figure out why they would do an extensive and expensive restoration and then display it under blue or yellow lights. In spite of the poor lighting, I visit the museum every time I make it to the Boston area. The collection is just stunning.

1 Like