Military Parade Paris 2022

France National holiday parade, July, 14 th.

from the 1h 45 min mark, one can see mainly wheeled FV, most of them in the new tan/brown color.

2 Likes

Any info about the names of the new colors?

The brown is called Terre de France (France earth).

Olivier

1 Like

At 2:06:31~ mark, you see the marching on a big pile of horse poop… Felt bad for those soldiers… :smiley:

The joke aside, the new rifles shown are HK416 replacing FAMAS, right?

Thank you-any matching colors out there yet in the modeling world?

I have to say that whilst I was always a fan of disruptive pattern camouflage on vehicles, be it the Brit black/green scheme, or NATO-flage (let alone MASSTER - far, far ago), in my experience, most vehicles end up looking like today’s French versions after a couple of days on exercise. Perhaps the French are on to something?

Note to parsimonious British Civil Servants - go on, get your calculators out now.

Yes the French army has begun introducing the HK rifle for 5 years or so.

Olivier

One the 1h 40 min markj, there a group of servicemen with light blue shirts. Do they carry HK UMP?
I wonder whats all the units are?

They belong to the French Customs service ( = Douane in French) and they’re equipped with H&K UMP9 …

H.P.

Merci H.-P… Not a good time for smugglers?

If I would paint it, I would go with Tamiya XF52 Earth Brown.

1 Like

I guess this is the best match for the moment although I’ve never tried it yet.

Olivier

Those who serve on Customs service patrol boats also used .50 Cal Browings… :wink:

Custom Patrol Boats? Sounds interesting. Do you have pics?

Maybe a good reason to try it on Tiger Model announced Leclerc?

Hi guys,

Few photos taken early before the parade and just after
VAB Bison

Griffon

VBCI & VPC

EFA

Jaguar

Caesar

Old one but good one GBC180 Lot 7

PEB with Engineer boat

LRU

EBG SDPMAC (Israeli Carpet system)

Pierre

2 Likes

Great pictures - but Dear God from a modelling perspective it does look a tad dull; that said, as I indicated earlier, to be honest, most vehicles on exercise end up looking like this in any case:

Of course, another train of thought is that the French Army is enduring the predations of their own equivalent of Civil Servants’ parsimony. Hmmm. Discuss - or better not.

Vedette Garde-Cote “Sokan” (DF-35)

Vedette Garde-Cote “Kan An Avel” (DF-36)

Vedette Garde-Cote Type VGC-28 “Vent d’Amont” (DF-26)

Vedette “Orsuro” (DF-49) :

Patrouilleur garde-côtes “Jacques Oudart Fourmentin” (DF P1)

Full list : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moyens_nautiques_et_a%C3%A9riens_des_garde-c%C3%B4tes_de_la_douane_fran%C3%A7aise

H.P.

Merci Pierre, that Jaguar look waaaaaay cool.

1 Like