Mini-Art Campaign 2021

Thanks. I do debate a metal base like your doing but that would hide the wood. I will make it a game time decision depending on how bad I screw this up. Will still also make the plastic bed to try the wood technique again.

1 Like

That’s why I’m doing it on a metal base … To hide my wood attempt lol

1 Like

i’m in. i have a few miniart kits so not sure which one i’ll build yet. I do have a farmhouse for a large scale dio that i’ve been meaning to start…

Damn where is there a “what campaigns have i enlisted in page” lol

Capture

My T-70 has arrived, so I’m ready to start, my intention is to make a T-70 used during the battle of Kursk.
Not sure if I will do the figures as I have never done figures but it might be a nice opportunity to try it.

IMG_5389_Fotor

4 Likes

So for now some campaigns (like this one) are still on the old site that has a page for that.

I think they should continue that till a replacement is worked out.

I fixed the pin marks on the head board for the bed. Next is fixing the other visible pieces then assembly and primer for the plastic cargo bed.

Did some rough cutting for the under carriage parts.

Next is some more rough cuts and detail work.

@phil2015 let me know if I should put this work in a separate thread.

I think it’s fine. I’m not sure what happens as threads grow - does it eventually paginate? This is what you are building to put on your mini-art diorama?

The Eastern Express/Fort Zis-5V and I am using the Miniart wheels and crane kit for the bed similar to Johnny. I still also plan to do the WLA or T-80. Maybe a dio with the T-80, who knows yet.

Cool. The campaign doesn’t start til mid December, so wanted to make sure you weren’t jumping the gun.

I don’t really know whether there will/should be much thread discipline on the new forum, so I’m inclined to say post the whole thing, even the non-MiniArt parts.

Luckily since the parts haven’t shipped yet I am good but that is why I starting with this plastic first. If I can get this done I might be able to finish both in time. I am a slow builder and easily distracted.

I’ve got a Miniart SU-122 with interior in my stash (think mid production), so would like to participate. Probably start in the new year.

Some really interesting kits and ideas being proposed for this campaign.

1 Like

I’m pretty new to 1/35 armor (first kit completed this Spring) but MiniArt has quickly become my favorite company. I’m going to publish some teasers soon - stuff I’m not building for the campaign but accessories I’ve picked up, put together, and painted. They really make a lot of cool stuff.

3 Likes

I was pretty impressed with what they have to offer, I know the armour doesn’t have loads of kits to choose from… But with all the varied items they produce you can have a field day trying to pick something … And then get a shed load of the accessories they make as well… I’m definitely going to be getting one of the buildings to do, with extras.

I like Miniart kits in general, I think they get a too Broncoish like with the over engineering and smaller parts sometimes but the subjects are nice. One of the more consistently good plastic figure manufacturers. Scalemates lists the catalog at around 700 kits.

1 Like

So, I have done a bit on the Italeri Opel Maultier. The chassis is done less tracks that just need painting. Cargo bed is done with a rough base coat which I will tidy up later.
The red plastic card is going to be the base plate for the Miniart 3 ton crane, however I am thinking of doing a extra rotatable base that the crane sits on.

The crane base is just an old piece of plastic card and edges have been treated to look like weld cuts. It will be raised by the plastistrut sections which replicate angled iron cross sections.
Chassis will get a very heavy wear and weathering before the cargo bed gets fixed in place.
Have taped on a plank of wood to give it a separate cargo area for jacking and engineering kit may need. I have decided it will be going onto a Miniart building base as well… So more shopping required lol

3 Likes

[quote=“Johnnych01, post:55, topic:1229”]
however I am thinking of doing a extra rotatable base that the crane sits on[/quote]

Nice! Look forward to seeing how you pull that off.

Just got a notice that my Miniart parts shipped. :raised_hands:

So, I’m pretty sure I’m going to do the T-34 interior kit for the campaign. I have a T-55 that I’m also eager to do, but I think I’ll do that for the forgotten wars thing (Iranian captured Iraqi T-55 is one of the markings in the kit) since it looks like we’ll get that going.

2 Likes

What are people’s experience with Mini-art decals?

I hope to publish a very small teaser here tomorrow. I put the decals that came with it on the model. They seem to be fine now that they are on it, but I was beginning to despair of them coming off the backing paper. I ended up sliding my brush under each one and lifting it off after about 10 minutes of waiting. Any experienced folks have tips to share about them?

Here is my little miniart teaser. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it. If anyone knows of any figures that I could adapt to be handing these little gems out from the box, I’d like to know about it. Heft holadung mines, they are.

And one with a dragon figure just to show some scale.

1 Like

My wheels and crane arrived today.

I am finishing up a figure for my Stuart build then back to the Zis used for this campaign.