Miniart 1/35 Pz III Ausf D

grey on… not quite as neat as I wanted but I think a good base. Should be able to gloss and decal this week

1 Like

turret numbers on… now can start weathering

so finally got some time to do pin wash and add fender furniture… next up some smaller parts and the front track armour as well as painting the wooden boxes for the rear

1 Like

more work - tracks on, more small parts on, found out I had only made 4/5 track runs for the frontal armour, 5th made (not as long as it should be) so needs painting… Not going for heavily weathered so matt varnish on body and the wooden boxes to finish

4 Likes

not much progress on this one recently, spare track armour on… just the wood to paint up and add then look at final weathering

2 Likes

That turret interior : have we documentation about it, or is it largely a fantasy by Miniart?

I’m not a Pz.3 expert but I do know one thing. They’ve put an extra short “leg” at the front of the turret floor. That was copied from the Panzer 4, they never saw it on the Panzer 3, because it was added to the Panzer 4 in 1942 when the “long gun” was adopted. It was needed because of the new counterbalance at that spot.

Whatever may or may not be real in this interior, the added short “leg” absolutely does not belong there. So I wonder about the rest of it.

David

1 Like

yeah it isnt accurate… but wanted to build it without thinking really

Looks like a great kit and build. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that spare track arrangement in any period photos. Just saying…

thanks - wait til you see the large wooden boxes they mounted on the engine deck…

So that’s right out of the box - from MiniArt. I’ve never seen any period photos of Panzer IIIs outfitted like that. I gotta do some research….
Very interesting…

yep… 100% OOB (doesn’t mean it is right as we know the turret interior is 100% wrong)

I found these photos on-line. I’d never seen anything like them, in my references or previous searches (I’m a fan of the Panzer III. I have quite a few books on that sweet old girl.)

MiniArt-1-35-Pz-Kpfw-III-Ausf-D-SS-division-NORD-1942-Eureka-yr-minitures-23

Of course some of the details are obscured by snow, but…

In any case, keep at it - I’ll be watching.

3 Likes

thanks for that … just need to do the boxes and then some final light weathering I think (no snow - mind never done that… hmmmmmm…)

and the good thing, the photos show the long lengths on the front wern’t the same length which matches mine (I had lost a few track links so one is shorter than the other 2)

nearly finished, need to do the tyres and the guns then add a little dust…

2 Likes

Looking very nice. Great job on the wood! Going to place it on a base, or in a diorama? Add a couple of figures? Hope so…

never done a diorama, dont really have the space for one, have done a few figures but thats not a skill i really (keep meaning to try more tho)

Great work. It looks so impressive. Congratulations.
Kalin

Step by step you have gone transform your model like real tank. Good job!!!
Omar