MiniArt 1/35 T-54-2 1949 with interior

I officially hate bronze paint… sitcky, doesn’t cover well… hate it I tell you…

need to touch up & weather this - all major parts just placed for fit testing…

2 Likes

started weathering the fighting compartment. just the usual chipping to start…

3 Likes

lower hull progressing… just subtle weathering this time… and used Mr Metal Color brass to touch up the shells - really nice paint

2 Likes

Excellent work there Robert. It looks great

1 Like

so this is how she stands now… just need to complete the second run of tracks then find to paint the interior…

2 Likes

Wow looking great Robert. Lots of nice details in that kit

1 Like

Turret interior parts all added apart from the sight mechanism… Need to weather it of course. Not happy at all with the rear ammo rack but dont think you will see much once the upper half is on (leaving the roof removable

1 Like

quite a bit of progress this weekend. Turret interior weathered, upper turret added to lower (leaving roof off to see “some” detail… dont know if I will get any more done before the Christmas break (lose modelling area for all of December) but next is the second run of tracks… also included some better shots of the hull interior

1 Like

most likely the last build session of the year sees me end with this (plus both track runs)… new year should see the final details added then time for painting (aim next year is to (1) clean my airbrushes and (2) get more proficient at using my airbrushes)…

1 Like

Now I can show you why I dont do pre-shading:

2 Likes

See my post under the T54/55 Campaign.

1 Like

have done… thanks… and yes light coats of base paint is something I am not great at doing… do have mig transparator that should help (apparently)

a breakthrough… imagine if you thin paint it sprays better… who’d have thunk it… ammo 4bo thinned 50:50 with ammo transparator… can even see some of the highlight!!!

2 Likes

decals on… not going to over weather it because of the interior, just some panel lines and a touch of oil i think

5 Likes

Really looks great Rob. Excellent job on the finish.

1 Like

That turret really makes it stand out; lovely finish.

1 Like

after a very long time staring at this one (ok did matt varnish it a while ago) started on the bits and bobs left… first off wooden log for rear and fuel tanks added…

2 Likes

next few bits and bobs… added wheels (next up tracks and hopefully a “FINISH”

1 Like

Robert, I’m pretty sure those cylindrical drums on the rear are smoke-discharger canisters, not fuel. Just for info.

'Nice looking model.

oohhh ok… they are my nemesis… done 2 kits with them (different manufacturers/vehicles) and never got them to look right - this time the straps are too short (or I missed something when I fitted them)