Miniart cargo trailer finished

Plus AFV Club’s sdkfz 251/21.

14 Likes

That’s quite different… but well done.

1 Like

Thanks. The Germans loved to put the drilling on different types of trailers.

1 Like

0f9f987109397fdc3510e3b708d47a38

4 Likes

Once again, I learn something new as a result of reading these forums. :slightly_smiling_face: I did not know the MG 151/20 used in the Drilling mount is the same weapon mounted by many Focke-Wulf Fw 190s and Messerschmitt Bf 109s.

That model is on my Want List and yours looks very well done. I would not have thought to put an anti-aircraft weapon in the bed.

1 Like

Thanks, many of the mounts/guns are from naval stocks. I don’t think anyone makes that in 35th.

1 Like

My preferred model retailer (ScaleHobbiest) does not carry a Drilling type mount as a separate kit but Flakvierlings and other small, towed Flak pieces are readily available. It seems logical that any sturdy trailer with sufficient weight capacity could mount such a piece. However, the trailer may buck badly when the weapon is fired.

Curiously, I found one picture of a horse drawn Flak.

I wonder if a team of two or 4 horses could draw a large trailer mounting a Flak. Would anyone want to? Mobile Flak weapons usually come with a trailer.

I also wonder if fleeing civilians or German soldiers would consider building a shelter on such a trailer, creating a covered wagon.

Anyway, you model is very nicely done and inspires many additional possibilities. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like