Model Shipwright site

'Evening All - does anyone know what’s wrong with the Model Shipwright page - I’ve been unable to open it for several days now. All I get is " This site can’t be reached".

Cheers,

Chris

Works here!

must be a local probelm I can open model shipwright without problem

It was offline for a day or two due to a change of domain name registrars and the lack of the correct DNS info once it moved. Should be good now though. Depending on your ISP it may take a while for them to refresh if they cache their DNS info.

1 Like

Thanks Jim - it’s back now. :grin:

Chris

A Leatherman knife is a multi-tool knife produced by the Leatherman company. Leatherman is a well-known brand that manufactures high-quality multitools. These tools include knives, pliers, screwdrivers, and other tools integrated into a single compact device.

Yet they still haven’t invented a tool that would remove your head from your a$$…

1 Like

I am thinking this Lester account is some kind of AI bot. Some of their posts (all 4 of them) make zero sense. I am guessing they plan to try to post something link enabled at some point but they want to make it seem like it’s an actual person before doing that.

@Lester ?

:smiley:

1 Like

I’m no expert on the ways of the internet but it does seem “Lester” is, indeed, some form of automaton and probably one with unfriendly intentions (is there any other sort?). I was unaware of the other posts but have had a quick look since you mentioned them. The first two merely parrot a prior post from the originator of of the Alsacast Troop thread while the third is, I believe, a randomly generated word-string as you indicated. The intention is perhaps to generate a response of some sort (in which case it’s a trap I’ve walked into) and thereby establish whether the poster or group is sufficiently active to warrant further action of some sort. The resurrection of a long-dormant thread would fit with that. My first reaction to the post is that it was an off-topic marketing post, hence the nature of my response. I must apologise for that and any other posts of a similar nature of late, I’m afraid my participation in the “Calling out a know-it-all on Facebook” thread has awoken an old “Usenet Evil Twin” version of myself although this isn’t too distant from my actual persona. I lack the filter between brain and mouth which stops me responding with what I believe to be humour but is just another aspect of my autism-impaired social interactions.

Regards,

M