Models on 1969 British SciFi show “UFO.”

It’s a little off topic (not UFO) but my favorite “Andersonism” -

Some bright spark of an engineer, with incredible foresight, built a moonbase with windows that open!

As @phantom_phanatic said, “Just enjoy the ride.”

Cheers,
Colin

7 Likes

Must have been a government contract cost plus 25%

5 Likes

I hear it can get real stuffy in those moonbases…

4 Likes

Many years ago, UHU02 designed a very good card model of a SHADO Interceptor. It is not currently available for download but he might provide the model to someone who asks nicely via an email.

I realize most people here do not care for card models but such a model can serve as plans for a scratch building project.

4 Likes

Visitors should go easy on baked beans & cabbage?

6 Likes

Open windows on the Moon? Maybe the Andersons bought into the fringe conspiracy theory that there is a breathable lunar atmosphere.

The late Ingo Swann claimed in “Penetration” that he remote viewed humans mining on the surface without breathing apparatus.

I don’t know about all of that. Never saw “Space 1999” and if they try to put that idea forth but I should watch.

2 Likes

Old thread, but I finally got around to ordering this. Just had to.

Thinking I am going to start watching the entire series again too.

1 Like

Good God man! You’re not supposed to reveal to the world that SHADO exists! What part of ‘secret organization’ do you not understand? Not only that, you are going to wear a target on your chest that says, “abduct me, download my brain, and turn me into a psycho-bomb?!?” I know SHADO is not meeting recruitment goals but this is intolerable!

I am writing a very strongly worded letter to my MP this very moment to protest this SHADO t-shirt business.

(I’m kidding.)

5 Likes

Hilarious! :smile: :laughing:

I doubt anyone but very few will know what it is. And my son will likely say it’s “cheesy.”

1 Like

new Threads…
:clown_face:
Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Maybe he’s in it for the probing? Not sure why aliens are so keen on the kinky stuff… :thinking:

2 Likes

Worse than that! Whitley Streiber claimed a female alien grey would, uh, you know — go all Antonio Vilas-Boas on him and stuff. :flushed: :alien:

But uh, no thank you!

2 Likes

“Model” on “UFO.”

Ken

6 Likes

Cartman, there’s an 80 foot satellite dish sticking out of your…

7 Likes

I believe that probe business also started with Whitley Streiber. Busy guy…

First modern mention of “greys” is likely from Betty and Barney Hill in 1961.

1 Enoch and 2 Enoch make much of “The Watchers.”

3 Enoch circa 400-500 A.D., which is rabbinical pseudepigrapha, elaborates The Watchers as “grey and small like children” who “fly in wheels” and take the wicked upon death to Sheol.

FYI, FWIW.

2 Likes

Oh, I believe we’re going to need a photo. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Got my S.H.A.D.O. shirt in the mail today. Nice!

Seeing this, yes, I am tempted, but almost no one will know what it is, I am certain. (No connection to the company other than as a customer).

4 Likes

Interesting article. A lot of great stuff at this site.

3 Likes

@TankGrrl Those wigs came up a few months back. It’s funny watching Sylvia Anderson talk about them, how she thought everyone would be wearing wigs in the 1980s.

In my opinion, Miss Anderson may turn out to be right, for women, but missed the timing by a few decades. I would argue that cosplay is a gentrified evolution of the masquerade ball that will become increasingly more common for a few different reasons. Wigs are a big part of cosplay.

@M70 The Harlington Straker Film Studios stuff is awesome precisely because very few people will get it.

Oh my! Do you work for a film studio?

Yes, maam. I’m a…ahhhh…stunt pilot.

4 Likes

I did order the shirt last night. :sunglasses:

2 Likes