Moving and the New Hobby Room

When I was the contest vendor coordinator, I would “collect” kits for the raffle. Planning lasts a year and running yearly shows, it’s an endless cycle of kits coming in. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m the show chairman and vendor coordinator for Armorcon, so I know how that goes.
Any time I buy models at a show, I tape losing raffle tickets to most of them and tell the wife I won them. So far, I’ve been a very “lucky” guy and the scheme still works. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I was just talking packages coming in the mail but you sir are a genius. I have never thought of that. Teach me your ways wise one.

Join the nearest AMPS or IMPS model club and let the wifie know. Then buy a roll of raffle tickets for the stash. Every so often “buy” some raffle tickets just to be a supporting club member. Amazing how often you win these raffles…

1 Like

Member of both, just never thought of the raffle idea.

Finally moved the last items of hobby room!

Discovered a long lost now duplicate 1/35 Meng Panther D that somehow ended up between recliner, reference bookcase & cat tree in the living room.

Still have a bit of organizing to do and ten built models to move but mostly it’s done!

2 Likes

You just pooped in your own hat by putting that in writing…

1 Like

Yeah like my wife even knows how to get onto this forum… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

True but they always seem to know anyway. One of your daughters will dime you out. I know mine would, if convenient. :joy:

I have discovered a flaw in my work area. I am set up between the main garage door and the laundry room entrance to the house. Very convenient. I am also having trouble keeping space available on my 6 X 3 foot table top to work. Detritus seems to grow and fill all available space. I had an epiphany while doing something unimportant. The reason the detritus grows is that everyone has to walk by my table multiple times a day and things get deposited on the empty table by myself and others. If I had a dedicated location out of the flight path, very little would get deposited. I could experience erosion version deposition.
When planning your work spot, keep it far from the main runway. Have it as a destination that you travel to empty handed and others shy away from.

1 Like

@TopSmith Greg, out of the way is best. Hobby room is set up in the bedroom at far end of the hall. Keeping the door closed 100% of time also helps discourage “visitors” ie pet cats :cat2: cats & dogs :dog2: etc.

1 Like

Sadly it wont keep out the girlfriend… :rofl:
I cant think of how many times a peaceful work session has been destroyed by her smashing down the door and whatever tiny piece I have at that minute in my tweezers launching itself away never to be seen again.
ALTHOUGH most of the time she will help me look for it so I wont complain. :grin:

1 Like

I have tried the door as well but I still have to repel raiders attempting to land and occupy the beach head. Those wimmens are relentless.

Correct vintage 70’s & 80’s poster selection and placement can work wonders in repelling females of all ages.

See proven examples below.

download (1)

41nmCkvIbxL.AC

51V2ErHcmJL.AC

images (13)

51PT1M9plUL.AC

510wQzqJmbL.AC_SY580

download (20)

2 Likes

Im actually in the process right now of personally renovating one of the rooms in our house (We moved into this big house about a year ago and am still fixing up some stuff) to serve as a full blown hobby room. Ive been clearing it for the past week and hope to soon get to painting it.
This whole speech was to say when its all painted I’m defiantly putting up that Full Metal Jacket, fight club and Holy Grail poster. :rofl:

1 Like

Nice set up on the new hobby room! I wouldn’t worry about the pink stripe… if it’s good enough for the SAS Landrovers, it’s fine for an armor centric hobby room. You could always paint tank silhouettes along there advancing in the dawn light… :wink:

2 Likes

The last one would cause her to runway runway before deploying the holy hand grenade. :joy:

2 Likes

“…it’s just a model.”

2 Likes

Armor Buff vows “No New Model Kits”

That lasted about as long as this did:

Last night placed an order with The Tank Museum.

On the brightside side none of it was Axis :slight_smile:

Yes, I know the Crusader is a Italeri rebox. Needed a few more good guys to offset the Pz IV & Panther regiments.

1 Like

Yes, definitely a No New Taxes comment…

Arrived today…

1 Like