My Aircraft Hangar Collection

Copied over from the old site…

Somewhat inspired by Magnus and his Aircraft collection I thought it might be fun (and maybe a little embarrassing for me ) to collate my completed aircraft models since returning to the hobby in around 2006…

These are all 1/72 scale kits from Airfix unless otherwise noted

First up a Spitfire Mk1 circa 2009. Airfix sure have come a long way in terms of panel line finesse since then.

Then a Sea Hurricane circa 2010

And a PRXIX spitfire circa 2011

2012 and I decided to have a little fun with Wallace and Gromit, obviously not 1/72 but 1/12

2013 and along came the Walrus

2015 a Spitfire MkIX

2016 the Defiant made its appearance

in 2018 I finished this Typhoon… (My favorite Aircraft BTW :heart_eyes:)

After a bit of a hiatus from aircraft I planned to get as many finished this year (2020) as I can by signing up to numerous campaigns: To that end, here’s the first entrant into the Bae-Sopwith-Hawker Campaign: Airfix’s most recent 1/72 Hurricane offering.

After completing it, I hadn’t planned on posting any pictures of it to the Aircraft Hangar Collection, owing to several areas of disappointment with the build, but after photographing it I thought, hey, why not?

So here she is, first of the many, wing things completed for this year…

Next up for 2020 was Airfix’s 1/72 F Mk22 Spitfire for the Big Three campaign.
An enjoyable build of a nice kit. Trailing edges were fine and panel lines appropriate for the scale… I’ve gone with a cleaner look for this aircraft as they didn’t really see any action as such in WW2…

And 3rd aircraft for 2020 Airfix’s 1/72 Me262 built for the Schwalbe 2 Campaign

And of course this post wouldn’t be complete without this shot, even if not entirely accurate :wink:

This brings to 4 the number of kits finished in 2020, 3 aircraft and one Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
And there’s still a chance I might finish a couple more this year… :grimacing:

Hopefullly you guys who are masters of aircraft won’t laugh too much at my efforts but maybe I am getting better at these things over time… :crazy_face:

7 Likes