My current stash

The really big ones turns into something like those images where the pixels consist of other small images …

My wife and i laughed at the first line…ahh the innocence.

1 Like

Not that im bragging about mine

8 Likes

The addiction begins! I used to have a stash like that and then got hooked on sprue bros deals, sprue bros weekend sales, and other sales, my stash is now around 60 kits which I considered to be a comfortable size

2 Likes

Geez, I came very close to having my wife get me about three or four more models for xmas. Then Iooked at the 6 from last xmas STILL NOT built and shook my head and said this madness needs to stop. No models this year, even though my wife really wanted to get me stuff. All the builds last year were tanks with interior, or the nicer eduards planes.

I still have a B17 that I gave up on about two years ago. But that A10 is on my list now also. Just waiting for the new Academy one.

At least you dont have different brands of the same type yet.

2 Likes

Much joy having a stash with duplication!
Tamiya Pz IV H (old)
Tamiya Pz IV H (new)
DML Pz IV H w/o Zimmerit
DML Pz IV H w/Zimmerit
Border Pz IV H
RFM Pz IV H
Monogram Pz IV H
Etc

Or so I tell myself…lol

4 Likes

WOW REALLY about the B-17 ? Thats a pretty simple model to build unless you were adding some stuff. Which I’m thinking about doing as well along with opening the bomb bay so the bombs can be seen. Meanwhile I’ve heard that New A-10 is a Pretty nice kit. I’m both excited and a little intimidated by it. It’s a pretty complicated model. Especially with the gun that You get to build and install. otherwise it’s also in my opinion an exciting model. And will be alot more challenging than anything I’ve done so far. Hopefully it will go together pretty easily.

Oh My Gosh. LOL

1 Like

ah i remember those days. So long ago in the mists of time

3 Likes

I myself ‘only’ have about 10 kits in the stash. 8 of those kits are on the go at various stages…. trouble is, once I get a kit I can’t help but potter with it and start bits here and there… hence 8 kits on the go. So much so, that to stop any further distractions….….

I have self imposed a ban on buying any new kits* in 2023, one of my new years resolutions.

I’m proud to say I am on track so far this year to fulfilling this goal!

*excluding any tools, consumables, books, paints, or aftermarket.

1 Like

@barleeni - good luck . It’s early yet …

Before SB, there was Great Models and old Squadron that had great deal to help balloon the stash.

Can I have the one on the bottom?.. :grin:

4 Likes

That’s what I want to do, how did you open up the bomb bay ? It looks good. But I want to keep the doors in place.

Also I’m planning on the in flight look. Trying to figure out how to modify the landing gear so it’s inside the wings, maybe cut the wheels in half ? Or will the still fit into the wheel well fully assembled ? How do I attach them so they will stay in place and look realistic? Just some of the questions I’m asking myself as I’m looking at building it in the near future.

Most impressive! :clap:

Same here with the following exception for each three completions this year, one new kit purchase allowed. I really want the new Tamiya A34 Comet.

I always say, this is the last kit for a while and then sprue bros has something on lightning deals I just have to get. Or I watch a movie or something happens in current events that inspires me to buy something. That or someone on here suggests a campaign I am interested in for which I don’t have a kit

1 Like

Hmm! This is an interesting solution. I will be building a B-17 shortly, and might try this

1 Like

That’s elegant. Kudos.

1 Like

There once was a man with a closet
Into which his kits he did posit
His wife, had she known,
Her lid she’d a blown
Thus always made sure that he locked it.

8 Likes