My experience with Meng brush set meng-mts-010

I’m talking about this: Modeling Paint Brush Set, Meng Model MTS-010 (2016)

I first wasn’t sure if I wanted to purchase this, because I couldn’t find much on the internet about this set.
No reviews done by others.
But, the set wasn’t to expensive so I decided to take a chance with them.
And I wasn’t disappointed.
As you can see the brushes do have their own plastic tubes to protect the bristles against damage.
And the quality of the bristles, in my opinion are good.
I’m using them to paint metal color paints.
And with the painting of the buttons on the figures of my Famo project, which you can find on here as well.
The brushes performed good.
They are soaking up paint good, at least the acrylic paint of Tamiya because that’s what I’m currently working with.
I can’t tell about other paints because I haven’t used them with other types of paints.
The handles of the brushes are shorter than the handles of say MIG paint brushes.
But I don’t think that is a problem, I didn’t find it troublesome when I was painting with them.
And I even think it is comfortable, because why have long handles if you rarely use the higher part of the handles anyway?

Overall I’m pleased with the set of brushes so far. And I’m considering to buy and try a set of Trumpeter paint brushes at some time to try them as well. Because I’m finding them interesting. The Chinese can also make good quality products if you ask me. And sometimes you just have to be brave and give it a try and decide for yourself if you like it or not.

These are my personal experiences and opinions, you could agree with them or not. But please, don’t be harsh on me. I only thought I would be doing good to share this because there wasn’t much else online to be found on.

3 Likes

Some useful information. Thanks.

Appreciate the review. Thank you.

Thanks for the information. How well does the paint lay down? Did yo get many stroke lines?

As far as I’m aware, it doesn’t leave brush marks. The bristles are pretty soft. But, I only used them with Tamiya acrylics. So can’t say much about their performance with other paints. Feel free to ask more questions and I will see what I can do to answer them.