Nationaal Militair Museum, Soest, The Netherlands

On the very spot the Royal Netherlands Airforce (Koninklijke Luchtmacht) was founded in 1913, Soesterberg Airbase, it was decided that the collections of the Airforce museum and Army museum were to be almagated into the National Military Museum. The museum ahs a collection of aircraft, missiles, guns, armor, vehicles and weapons and strifes to educate the visitors about the past and present of the defence organization as a whole. One of the top pieces it is a original V2. The very first operational launch of such a missile was from Dutch soil.
It was opened in december 2014, while the pictures were taken on the 25th of January 2015. So the exposition might have been altered in the meanwhile…
More info: Homepage - Nationaal Militair Museum
Now for the pictures:

12 Likes

Very nice and definitively worth a visit, thanks for the information!

All aircraft are real? or do they have some 1:1 reproductions?

As far as I know, these are all original vehicles… The Renault FT is back dated, as it was a German beute panzer.

1 Like

Wonderful looking museum Erwin- excellent pictures too of all the kit.

1 Like

Looks great - I will have to visit -sooner rather than later hopefully. Thanks for the post.

1 Like

Erwin, thanks again for another photo tour of a interesting museum. Looks like a trip to the Netherlands is in order, please keep the photos coming.

1 Like

Great selection of various equipment’s there and in lovely condition. Thanks for showing it to us.

1 Like

My pleasure fellows… I have more pictures of other musea , so more topics will follow.

1 Like