Naval Air Campaign

Oh dear how have I missed this till now, naval air, my cup of tea.
Now all 1/72 but shall I go for a FAA Beaufighter Mk.II, a RA-5C Vigilante or something else different that’s not normally associated with the navy in my stash.
All else fails I have loads of ‘cats in the stash, Wild, Hell, Bear, Tiger(Cat), Tom, Panther and Tiger. Plus the Jaguar but that didn’t go into production.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but are naval Whirlybirds allowed?

As long as it’s a Navy or Marine aircraft, I’m fine with choppers.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They call them helos instead of choppers but gtg. :+1:

Shall we hope for an April 1 start date?

Oops! Sorry about that!

1 Like

Given that we’re looking at a Guadalcanal campaign in August, I’d be down with starting this one in April. What does everyone else think?

Any nation naval aircraft ?

Yep, any nation.

Hope I don’t regret that!

How long do we plan to run this one? I’m good with the April start but likely can’t start myself until may or so, I currently don’t have access to my airbrush and I like to paint as I go with aircraft

I understand that six months might not be long enough, but I don’t think we need a year. Should we split the difference and say 9 months?

2 Likes

That works! 6 months might even be enough time! I’ve cleared most of my backlogged campaign commitments since armor can mostly be built without pre painting! And I’ll be building the realtively simple hobbyboss Corsair

1 Like

I think even I can build something in 9 months.

Think I’ve found my victim from within the stash

2 Likes

I’m good with 9 months.

I think you’re gonna get the award for least naval looking entry.

Well I do like the unusual / uncommon along with the more normal, also have a Royal Navy DHC-1 Chipmunk but liking the challenge of doing the yellow on this Piper.

2 Likes

I’m in two minds about what to build.
I did consider doing the Airfix A-4, but I have a really nice set of decals covering Vietnam era Wild Weasel and Iron Hand aircraft. There’s a really cool A-7 from VA-86 that just needs to be built.

I would have thought you’d be all over a phantom. I don’t know why I’d think that …

1 Like

It’s tempting, but I’m already doing one for the Twin Engine Fighter build.
I do need to do another FAA FG.1 though. Maybe if I have time I could squeeze one in.

I know what you mean, carrier aircraft are some of my favorites. I’m vacilating between a 1/32 F6F, 1/32 SBD-3, or 1/48 SHAR. Guess we’ll see how I feel in three weeks.

1 Like

Maybe jsut maybe I’ll buy that A6 intruder ive been eyeing? All I need is for someone to twist my rubber arm

2 Likes