Need help identifying colors

Of course you’re right.
Being a small machine-gun I really tried to take the less paint I could with the brush.
I wonder, has none ever came out with a specific brush for this kind of job?

Yes, there are special “dry brush” brushes. The ones I’ve tried from Army Painter were absolutely horrible and shed more bristles and hair than my cat does.

A well used Red Sable brush like the small one below is what I prefer for drybrushing. I also use a new ones sometimes but it’s very hard on the brush :slight_smile: Acceptable losses :slight_smile:

Some of my brushes well beaten doing harsh (very little paint with lots of scrubbing) dry brushing…

I think it also just looks like a lot of paint being wasted. When it smears on the paper towel it looks like a lot. But, doing as @Armor_Buff says, and wiping on the side of the bottle, you really aren’t using that much paint to dry brush.

I think that by now I have all the main colors for WW2 AFV.

However I think I still miss some stuff for details.

For example, what Vallejo color is the one used for all those bags, rucksacks hanging on tanks?

And what other colors might I have overlooked?

This guy has an outstanding eye for color combo for painting bags, rucksacks hanging on tanks. He uses a variety of colors. The info is scattered in various videos usually starting where the model has been painted.

Night Shift Scale Models

2 Likes

Can’t help but think this red paint ended up looking like red primer on this Mercedes GLC 300. Nice application of dust and dirt :thinking:

Notice how the dust changes the appearance of that black wheel well liner in various spots.

Easy to see what a wide range a color like Panzer Gray could present based on level of dusting.