New Campaign Proposal (Lost to the Deep)

Hey everyone,

Some great conversation regarding this Campaign Proposal. So let me break it down:

The ship can be modeled either before it was sunk, while it is sinking (majority of the ship must be visible) or as a wreck at the bottom of the body of water it was sunk in.

Submarines must have been lost, yes they submerge but the subject for this campaign must have been sunk (lost to the deep).

Subject can be either lost in any body of water, not just the large open ocean.

The main purpose of this campaign is to honor those ships that were lost either in peace of during war time.

Any additional thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

David

1 Like

What dates are you thinking?

This could be interesting, although to be completely honest, I’ll probably just end up adding it to my “Campaigns I’ve Never Completed” list.

Jim

1 Like

I’m thinking from 01 December 2021 to 30 November 2022.

That gives everyone some time to either decide which subject from the stash or an opportunity to source one and plenty of time to build.

David

If I thought I had the time and talent I’d do the Normandie, rolled over in New York harbor after the fireboats put out the fire by flooding it!

This campaign is a little too deep for me, but I can’t wait to witness the imminent disasters! :anchor:

—mike

2 Likes

Hi David,

Interesting, the start might be a bit early for me, struggling a bit to finish projects at the moment, and need to come up with a subject.

Either I will be following along and good lucj.

Cheers

Si

Hey everyone, thanks for the interest in this campaign idea, think it will generate some interesting builds.

Si - what would be a good time to start that will bring you into the fold?

I am open to suggestions on the start, I know everyone is busy and there are some great campaigns out there so I do not want to miss out on having folks participate cause of conflicts.

If starting after the new year works better lets go for that - maybe make it a 1 January 2022 start date - first campaign of the new year.

Ill start working on a badge for everyone’s input as well.

Now that I have said all that and we are moving slightly forward I have to ask, how do we get a campaign approved and started on this new forum?

David

1 Like

Next year is better for me as all my options are capital ships so will require a while to build and my build queue is pretty full for the rest of 2021.

Sir Sounds good - lets go with a 1 January 2021 start date.

I will work the rules and the scenario design and post it for review and comments.

David

I’m thinking of doing the HMS Vanguard that exploded and sank while at anchor in Scapa Flow. I will do her in tact. Does that seem like an ok subject?

1 Like

Phil2015 - I believe that it fits well into the scope of this campaign.

That being said - I need to reengage on this and get it approved and set up - sorry fell off my radar for a bit.

Since I am getting late on this what are everyone’s thoughts on a 1 March 2022 start date?

David

Hummm… for the armor guys?
:thinking:

Even the wingy thinged people could get involved.

TopSmith - love it!! :rofl: :rofl:

Small scale dio anyone? About all the old Airfix kit is worth doing for…

Not quite Lost to the Deep, but intentionally put there, an Underwater tank and vehicle museum for divers:

1 Like

Peter - thanks for the pictures, with that in mind I will change the guidelines for the campaign so that it will include anything that can be found lost in the deep.

David

1 Like