New RFM Pz IV. RFM have cocked up the instructions

Mine was 102 per side… But this was a Trmupeter kit. The info I found was that it should officially be 101, but when fitting them, it appeared they were 1 link too short…

1 Like

Thanks,
I was getting stressed with the kit tracks and my wife offered to pay 50% of a the cost of a set of Masterclub 35008 tracks as above.
But the question is still valid and at least I have an idea of how many per side.
In the original RFM Challenger 2 kit they wanted you to use 87 links per side instead of 78! LOL
I still used Friuls anyway.

I’d say start at 101 and see if they fit… If you’re concerned that is to long, start at 98 per side and then see if they fit…

1 Like

I love Masterclub tracks. And yes they are just like them.

1 Like

RFM have excelled themselves with instructions mistakes.
Step 2 missing part K45.
Step 6 wants you to build 18 sets of roadwheels-only 16 required.
Does anyone English proof-read the instructions I wonder?

RFM…its easy to make the company’s intiales into something uncomlimentary and unflattering like…

Really Fouled-up Manuals

98 per side? Are we talking about shiny new track links, or old much-travelled track links where the holes have worn down by about 1% which makes one extra link?

David

Panzer Tracts nomenclature for the IV H lists 99 links per side as standard when new.

I’m interested in building impressions, also. I happen to have the Dragon Pzkfw IV Ausf H, and have been wondering if anyone who has experience in building both (RFM and Drago) whether you see the RFM as being an improvement in detail (the instructions notwithstandingstanding) and/or kit engineering/fit compared to the Dragon kit. Years ago, Dragon was THE kit to have and build for a variety of German armor…wondering if this is still the case, now with the competition in place,

Likewise have RFM & Dragon Pzkfw IV Ausf H kits. I still haven’t built either kit. Maybe next year I can start on the H or J kits for them respectfully.

It’s been a good while since I looked at a Dragon Pz IV H or J or RFM Pz IV H or J. Over the next week, I will try to do a few side by side part shots to look at and discuss. Have a lot of real life going this week.

Working on completing shelf of shame builds from the last 20+ years currently. Have five of them completed, two nearly completed so far’this year. Three more remain to finish and paint.