NEWS: 1/35 Magic Factory M2A2 ODS-SA Bradley Ukraine

Mine just arrived. It looks really nice overall.

This preview of the M2A4 IFV kit shows all the sprues included in the M2A2 ODS-SA kit (and the rest for the later versions). It shows all the great details.

Some interesting things on the kit. First, all of the A3 parts (CITV, shorter storage basket, etc., etc.) are on common sprues, so the M2A2 ODS-SA is also able to be built into an A3. You can also backdate it as described above to be an earlier M2A2 ODS. All the parts I identified in red above are separate and can be left off. It does not include any of the A4 parts (all on the not included B sprue).

Some parts on the sprues also hint at more versions to come (hopefully). On the below O sprue, there are the extended rear light guards and a cable reel holder as seen on the M7 BFIST (red circles). There are also two parts that are used to raise the ramp on the inside (green circles). Additionally, all the hatches are fully detailed on the inside (including handles and opening mechanisms), and the turret front wall in front of the BC has interior details as well. Maybe these are a hints at a future version with an interior. We’ll see, fingers crossed.

Rear ramp raising/lowering parts shown being added in instructions.

The 3D printed parts are really nicely done and very detailed.

I did find one down side. The T-161 tracks are not totally accurate. The center guide teeth should be open on them.

The kits parts have the center guide teeth molded solid.

I also did a quick check of the Meng M2A3 interior parts and it looks like they are going to fit perfectly.

You can see a great build of the M2A4 IFV below to see how the kit looks.

2 Likes