Normandy, Spring ‘44 and the 101st

Got settled into a new space for all my building stuff and off we go!
Had this one planned and kind of started some 10 years ago, decided to dust it off and give it another go. My skills sure are rusty but I’m gonna keep at it.

I’ll add more photos of the planning and such tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hi Brandi,
Firstly, welcome to the new site…it is really GREAT! and looking forward to more progress on this dio.
Is there going to be a vehicle(s) in it and figures?

1 Like

Nice start man , keep at it , looks great .

1 Like

Your rusty skills look pretty good to me. Look forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Hey Grauwolf! The new site is really easy to use on my phone! I take all my pics with my phone so it’s nice to be able to just pop em in here and it work!

Yes, I have a bunch of figures I’ve worked on a long time ago that are near completion, need more paint and such. I managed to misplace all my decals for my figs so I’ll have to buy those again. Managed to keep everything else safe, though!
After five moves and 10 years, I’m impressed with my packing abilities!

I’ll have ( I think ) a Tiger tank hiding out, and the figures will make the scene look like it’s in mid action, hopefully.

And thank you for all the compliments so far! Love this community!

Here’s some photos showing the idea for the layout I have in mind at the moment.
image image image image image image image image image

2 Likes

Awesome, love it already. Ruck Over Bby!

1 Like

Thanks for the extra pictures…I see where this is going now…excellent! and keep
the work going…you are doing a super job! and more pics as you go along.
Cheers,

1 Like

Very nice… And it’s going to be BIG !!!

1 Like

Very nice work,has all the makings for an impressive dio. I will follow with much interest. Best regards…Dale

1 Like

Nice start , keep going man looks like it’s coming together !!

1 Like

I love that start!! It’s an scene full of action. Keep on this way!

1 Like

Flying start Brandi, hard to beat a good street-scene & this is looking much better than good :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Making some progress…
I’m excited to keep working on this tomorrow!

The shelf is made of bass wood and weathered with MIG and some other brand of weathering dust.

I decided to use museum board to build the flower shop this time and it’s worked really well.

Still planning to make some vases and add in some duct work and wiring above in the ceiling.

The exterior has been a real blast to work on. I’m having a good time!

This road though with all those stones…soon to be done I hope!

Thanks all for the kind words!

2 Likes

Been working a bit and have the outer walls of the church ruins mostly complete!

The road is done and the sidewalks are drying as I type this. It’s been a fun project so far and seeing the progress has me motivated to keep working!

Looking good. From this angle the cross looks more + like them t like.

Okay, I will take a look and see if it needs a bit of a re working! Thank you for the feedback @Tank_1812!

1 Like

Really big operation going on here! Great beginnings,
J

1 Like