Old model rebuilding

1 Like

That’s more uses than I can find for a live one (definitely a DOG person)!
Ken

2 Likes

^^Ditto^^.

Another reason not to have cats.

1 Like

I was having a clean out of some display cases. Years ago I built a lot of 1/16 scale vehicles. 40 years ago? One was a 1931 Ford pickup. Bits were falling off it. But I never had the heart to bin it. So I stripped it and rebuilt it and used it for testing various weather techniques.
The glue was hard and just snapped off. It was a great test bed for stuff I wouldn’t have risked on a $100 tank kit.

bruce

2 Likes

Sure I see these are all good scenarios for pulling apart an old project and revitalizing it. Personally, I just had problems imagining getting past the stash monster to even contemplate reworking an old subject. Perhaps a future landmark to look forward to in my resumed modeling adventure. :upside_down_face:

So years and years ago we had cats, two in fact before my wife’s allergies got too bad. I tie flies and in a zip lock bag on my fly tying desk I had a set of matched mallard wings used for some wet fly patterns. We came home to find my desk and a bunch of those bags just wrecked. Could only find one wing. We had to run again and before we left I dressed down the cats (as if they’d understand but even if they did their a-holes and probably weren’t paying attention). Low and behold we get home, open the door and right in the entry way was the missing wing, none worse for the wear. Glad to get it back, still no love for cats.

2 Likes

I had a black and white that used to hop up on my modeling bench and stare at me… I don’t know if you’ve ever engaged in a staredown with a big black and white cat, but let me tell you, it can be creepy. All I had to do was use a bristle brush to scratch the top of his head for a minute or two and off he went. And that’s why I like cats: they are psycho.

2 Likes

I had an Irish Setter that loved to play with everything. Even a large cardboard box containing some show models. He remained my best friend. But only just!

bruce