Operation Anthropoid

Take your time mate I’m in no hurry :wink: …well actually not true, Nick/Stickframe just asked me about that in his new (“A one time frequent customer etc”) thread:

Tim, ha, yes, the dio world is fun, and when you least expect it, a source of inspiration rears its head. I guess I could ask you the same? Is there an end in sight for your master build??

Well, unexpected scratch-work sure screws up any project’s timetable & the current Merc-to-Tatra van conversion proposition is a perfect example. I started Anthropoid in March 2018 with an intended completion date well in advance of the 80th anniversary of the event in late May 2022, imagining at least a year in reserve after completing all elements for some experimentation with scale-detonations & photographing the narrative. Right now that schedule’s certainly slipped but I should still have at least 6 months remaining for (outdoor) shooting starting ideally in the (southern hemisphere) Spring weather around October 2021.

I hadn’t counted on bird-life either but I just winged it…

…and at least the railings don’t get tonally lost against the background now. A Happier New Year to all :fireworks: :tumbler_glass:

12 Likes