Operation Anthropoid

I would agree with Boots about the Fieldgray uni being worn. Defo no sam brown belt. No red stripe on trousers as that was only for general staff qualified officers. The aiguillette also a no-go as that was meant for adjutant officers and Hey-man was not then in that capacity.
The coat is up in the air. It might well have been worn as I remember that late May in central Europe is still kinda cool and driving in an open topped car adds to the wind chill. The hakenkreutz. arm band-nah, that was worn with the all-black comic opera uniform. His driver probably also wore the fieldgray. The hat at this point (1942) may have been the sidecap but SS NCOs loved the old style “schirm mutze” which was the peaked officer style hat usually worn without the stiffener and of course without officer braid and also usually without chinstrap. Only adorned by the eagle and grinning bonehead and the color piping signifying the branch of the wearer.
The dress uniform? I would say 50/50 black formal or gray formal but also as it has been noted, the SS liked to show they were at war by copying their Leader in wearing Fieldgray while the war was on. Adolf famously changed from wearing brown to gray when the war got going. I think I addressed all queries?
J