Operation "Epsom" details

Superb as always Jerry!

Simply brilliant. There’s literally to much to mention so I will just stick with the injured guy trying to get on… That splint is a genius add in … Superb …

1 Like

I lied, I have to add, the guys that have the water bottles out and the empty carriers on their webbing . … Very very clever :+1::+1:

1 Like

A beautiful ensemble scene Jerry- it is quite panoramic in the way you’ve laid it out with the figs on either side of the road kind of framing the Dingo. The POW’s look suitably miserable as they attempt to arrange themselves on such a small vehicle- probably a bit of language confusion there between them and the crew! I like the rather intricate splint detail on the standing figure- a rather unique area of detailing.

The British figs look superb- tired and dirty but determined and very heavily laden as they trudge toward the next objective. You’ve got their kit and poses looking very accurate.

One thing I have to single out though is the guy you’ve posed taking a drink leaning against a small tree. On his own the hunched shoulders convey tiredness but they way you have him posed against the tree immediately and clearly conveys that tiredness. It’s little things like that that make viewing your work enjoyable but it also provides a great example that fellow modellers, myself included, can learn from.

4 Likes

Well said. I’m beyond the point of being able to produce work like this so the learning fades in comparison simply sitting and looking again and again at this magnificent project.

Regards,

M

2 Likes

Amazing story telling at it’s utmost proficiency. The looks on the British infantry convey the fatigue, the German POW look dejected, defeated, and your work is truly a work of art.
Two points which I feel need to be mentioned.
One is the number of the AOS on the Dingo, is wrong as the recce element of the the 11th Division was 45.
Also if the infantry are being relieved, then they walk away from the front, and that should be the direction of the Dingo, as its bringing POWs to the intelligence officers, also away from the front

Gil,

I’ve already commented on the AOS number (above) and I’m sure Jerry is cursing me as I write.

Regarding the positioning, I have to say I find your comments a little specious; given the small size of the scenario I feel that the Jerry’s figures and models are really representative of what one would find on any battlefield - ie personnel and equipment deployed in any which way - as befits the chaos, constraints of the real thing, and the very tightness of this particular scale composition.

What I’m sure we would agree on is the excellence of the modelling and the action depicted.

Brian

I’m sorry if I repeated on a previous remark (the AOS), it was unintentionally.
As to the positioning of the Dingo, it was more for me to understand the scene, and not as a criticism about an otherwise excellent work of art.
I do believe that, the work portrayed in this thread is above and beyond any reproach, the sheer magnitude of effort is remarkable and so I join you in agreement about the quality of scenes and work

Roger that Gil; I present as a tad pompous sometimes(!)

That’s outstanding work as usual Gerald!

Jerry, another triumph. The faces and the postures tell the whole story; the empty canteen holders are sheer brilliance.

As usual , outstanding! Keep up the good work please , (:smiley: :star_struck)

Wow! Thanks Gents. Very kind words. I waited to answer to keep the space down by answering everyone at once. I was keeping in mind the earlier comments about space taken up by comments and not content.
@Dan-Thanks for the kind words man.
@Smydi-very kind remarks,thanks buddy.
@BUTA46-thanks as always for the super cool B&W pic. Impressive!
@Boots-I remember asking you about this and I got lazy and went with the instructions for the kits’ decals for an 11th Ar. vehicle. Dunno what else to say.
@Hohenstaufen-thanks you kindly sir.
@Johnny- thanks buddy for noticing the water bottle webbing. It gave me fits to build that part. The “splint guy” was actually re-painted from an older dio.
@Karl- as you know buddy I always draw pleasure from reading your well thought out and incisive comments. This time is no exception. I appreciate th details you always call to mind.
@Moramarth-thanks for the very kind remarks sir.
@Armour- yeah I got that wrong apparently as per Boots comments. The direction of march could be either way here. The Dingo could be outward bound from 11th AR assembly areas or the Scots Inf could be vice-versa. Works either way.

3 Likes

@Boots-no worries brother it’s all good.
@-Metalhead-thank you kindly sir
@SSGToms- tahnks for noticing the webbng because it gave me fits to no end when building it.
@Panzerfloor-thanks buddy for the very generous remarks.
Thanks guys for the great response here. Thanks also for the lookers and lurkers, which, judging from the amount of views on this thread are prolific,
J

2 Likes

Oh wow this latest installment is loaded with story telling details, on top the historical details.

1 Like

Jerry in addition to the fabtankulous scratching and painting, you pull off the roll of combat photographer as well!! Here’s a couple of different shops of the wicked weary

12 Likes

Fantastic again, love to read this every time…

Just out of curiosity, how big is this diorama by now? How big will it become? Or do you just have small sections you set up and re-arrange each time?

Thank you kindly sir. Nice comments
J

Thanks buddy. Glad you enjoyed it sir.
These are all small sections some of them re-purposed and re-used yes. Otherwise it would take all of my entire basement and about 10 years to build.
I do the best I can with illusion. No photoshop involved.

Thanks a bunch man. This is one of my favorite angles from the series. Looks good in period colors,
J