Operation "Epsom" details

Very lifelike. Excellent paint job. :+1:

Thanks man and welcome back !
J

A cracking pair you’ve painted up there Jerry. I have to agree with @Armournovice about the facial expressions- the tones are pitch perfect for a realistic appearance and you always bring out the character in your faces. I especially like how the guy with Bren pack has turned out- in particular how he is keeping his rifle ready in his left hand while adjusting the awkward piece of kit.

2 Likes

Oh my… still going strong, I see!
Your skills certainly have evolved.

Thanks for noticing that Karl. I am always trying to think of new positions and equipment to show and trying not to use the same old stuff,
J

1 Like

Thank you kind sir,
J

As I look at these pics I can actually feel the weight of the Bren wallet (mind you, I have carried the real thing).

Bloody good effort with the sling too - spot on.

Thank you sir, high praise indeed coming from someone of your experience.
J

Roger that Jerry; keep at it!

Och Aye !!

10 Likes

Maybe my memory’s not as sharp as it (never) was, but J having followed you for over 7 years now I think those two guys are serious contenders for the best figures you’ve ever done. So far, of course :1st_place_medal: :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Wow dude. Very very nice thing to write ! Thanks,
J

1 Like

The mortar men are coming together great J - lovely detailing on both. But holy WOW … the next gen Scots are stunning. Both of the facial expressions are just superb… the face tones, and uniform fit and colouring, how the weapons are held to get the real look … yours and Ski’s @PolishBrigade12 figures are always top tier work …

Agreed. Some of the best figurework I’ve ever seen in 1/35. Astounding.

1 Like

Must say Jerry, I am getting pretty annoyed with this constant stream of perfect figures…

:grin::+1:

I’m agreeing with Tim on this. Those Hornet heads are great sculptures, but you’ve taken what was just a grumpy face and added frustration, fear, anticipation, determination and a bit more anger with your painting. Love this stuff, don’t quit. This is definitely one of the best in a long line of great.

6 Likes

Wow man, Thanks John. Really appreciate those kind words man.
I have to give Roger Saunders all the credit for the faces though.
J

Thank you sir ! Kind of on point with your moniker because I am working on a Piat guy right now.
J

1 Like

Thanks man. I do what I can heheheh,
J

Thanks for the encouragement buddy. How did you know I was about to through in the towel? The interwebs can be a cruel place for sure. Nice to find respite here though. And thanks for the always excellent photoshops you do. I love it,
My caption for this bloke would be" Ya took me awae from me wee bairns Jerry! Lets finish this so I get to see them agin!"
J