Painting the markings on my Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire Vb Trop

Yes it was done in flying mode because I didn’t have the time to add the undercarriage because I wanted it for my trade stand at SMW, as I was selling the masking sets! :slight_smile: But no, I don’t hang models from the ceiling, it is on a base which dipics the D-Day Landings. It needs a base to house the wires and battery pack for the motor.

1 Like

Well, it looks awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

I plan on building mine all closed up and if I can get an electronics kit for it, in the flying position too… :hugs:

1 Like

It is a wonderful kit, the engineering is spot on so you have to get everything positioned correctly for it to work. Especially the engine mounts. You will find many complaining that the cowlings don’t fit but, on my pre-production example, they were a very good fit. The rear fuselage underside part hooks in, you will see but some have complained about that not fitting. It’s a bit like the Tamiya 1/32 scale Spitfires/P-51s. many say that the cowlings don’t fit very well thinking that the magnets are there to hold them in position but they are there to hold the centre portions in close, what actually holds the cowlings in the correct position are tiny tabs that these modellers have clearly cut off! I’ll be posting my Tamiya Mk XVI, you can see how well the cowlings fit.

Airfix does a generic electric motor, which is what I used but the hole through the thick walled nylon tube that is used as the spindle extension was off centre. So I had to cobble something together.

1 Like

Yep, really looking forward to building mine, got a bit of a stash to get through first and then need somewhere safe to display it…

Can’t understand fit issue complaints, as much as I’ve heard it’s best to build the cowlings off frame first then fit over the frame, to me, model making is about being a problem solver and overcoming these challenges… This discounts the fact that the panel finish on the real thing wasn’t all that great to start with :smiley:

1 Like