Paper panzers, what about the what ifs

I would loved to have to seen a build log of this,if nothing else just to watch your process of designing, building and fitting the crane and all the rigging. Very impressed with the results!

1 Like

A combination of a Jagdpanther and a Bergepanther:
With a scratch built stiff leg crane and the rear cable haul back.
(Imagineered by myself)

I have had the good fortune to have worked, just a bit around the M88, M728 and the M578, (Drove the 578 quite a bit) So much of my inspiration comes from those vehicles.
Patton Museum Volunteer; Ft. Knox, KY

The many pulleys and the forward anchor plow come from the Tamiya Famo AM recovery set. The rest is all Italeri except for the scratch parts and the AM individual plastic track links.

3 Likes

I picked up a couple of the Das Werk 5cm pak 38 auf gp.Mun. Schlepper VK3.02. I’m going to build one with the Pak 38 and another with the Pak 50 and I might get a third to mount the 97/38 as they all used the same carriage and cradle.That is if the road wheels and track links don’t cause me to have a seizure .

One of the most successful examples of kit bashing, as people used to say, (do they still say that?) that I’ve seen for a long time, very nice. Plus, enough rigging that if you ran out of fuel you could rig a few sails and away you go. Really nice work though. I know I had one of the smaller tripod cranes left over from one kit or another, saw I think it was a Meng Jagdpanther box and took the inspiration to adapt it to that model, and the result was just that bit different.

I am a kit-basher from way back so I certainly still use the term!

1 Like

Another “Paper Panzer” kit-bash:

Pz. II Ammo Resupply Carrier

This is/was a drop-in conversion. I can switch back to the standard turret at anytime.

2 Likes