Postal Strikes in the UK

hi folks,

there are going to be a series of strikes by the postal services for those of you planning to send or receive mail in the UK.

here are a list of dates for everyone.

1 Like

Don’t you just love them… Just before Xmas… Good plan … Not

2 Likes

Wonder what they are striking for. Also here in the colonies we might have a rail strike looming. If you are looking for drama you don’t have to look far.

Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

3 Likes

Same old same old … More money in a cost of living crisis… They all seem to think there is a Narnia type money tree forest around where everyone can get a 15% pay rise… I know how I would deal with the left wing militant trade union bosses who mastermind it all…

2 Likes

@robbd01 oh we have rail strikes as well but i haven’t had to take a train in years.

@Johnnych01 without this going political, the main problem as i see it is everyone wants champagne at beer prices in the UK.

anyway i thought i’d post dates of the strike to help members as we approach the festive season.

1 Like

Hope my Hannants package made it out of the country in time…

@Spitfire i got burned by Hannants in the past so i have never used them since but i would email them and ask, they might be able to help or they might have given you a tracking number?

kind regards,

Klaus

1 Like

Good to know. I got a tracking number on Nov. 9. But it never worked on the Royal Mail site (which was always either down or malfunctioning in some way).

I’ll email them.

@Spitfire i hope their customer service is better now than it was when i used them. i never received my order and their attitude was that i was on my own as they had my m9ney and didn’t give a damn.

kind regards

Klaus

1 Like

No,not passenger rail strike,its about the freight trains,a large percentage of goods and food move by rail,if they strike it will cripple an already fragile supply chain and wreck the economy.

1 Like

They picked the right time to cause maximum hurt if they don’t get their way (whatever it is, news doesn’t do a good job explaining the demand) and add a diesel supply issue in the mix to prevent a possible work around. BOHICA baby.

3 Likes

+FUBAR!

2 Likes

@Tank_1812 @justsendit ok gentlemen, enlighten me as to what BOHICA means as that’s a new one on me.

Bend Over, Here It Comes Again

3 Likes

@HeavyArty damn i almost choked on my sandwich laughing at that one. I’m gonna use that on the next health and safety course I’m dragged on!

priceless!

3 Likes

FWIW, tracking finally started working…it’s here in the States going through customs.

2 Likes

looks like you dodged a bullet mate, nice one.

1 Like

oh and the school teachers are having a one day strike today as well as a two day postal strike.