Pz.Kpfw.III References Needed

Dear All,
I’ve never done a 1/16 project before. The recent Das Werk Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J release finally hooked me. I’d like to do a “David Parker” sytle build of this kit. I currently have a mix of references of varying quality/usefulness:

ModelArt AFV Super Detail Photo Book Vol.6 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J/L
PanzerTract No.3-3 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf J,L,M,und N
Panzer III & Its Variants
Achtung Panzer No.3 Panzerkampfwagen III
Various Internet Photographs

I’m looking for additional references that cover all the interior components and layout. The driver/radio operators stations, fighting compartment, turret, engine bay. Also drawings and references on the components. Cannon, machine guns, transmission, radios, engine, electrical etc.

I’m looking for out-of-print publications, drawings, photographs from personal collections, any thing. If you have references you’d like to share, reply or reach out to me.

Thank you,
Shon

1 Like

Well, you already got the best three ones I firstly thought so I can not add much more… Maybe Haynes?

I had heard of this reference, but was unsure if it was worth it. However, you and other people have endorsed this book.

Thank you,
Shon

Dear All,

I have found all the Panzer III “technical” references I’ll likely ever need. I’ve found that I already had the most useful published resources there are, namely:

• PanzerTract No.3-3 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf J,L,M,und N
  • ModelArt AFV Super Detail Photo Book Vol.6 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J/L

In terms of information provided, if you read the text and correlate to photographs, everything needed to build an excellent 1/35 scale model is in these 2 references for a Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf. J/L. In order to go the extra mile for detailing a 1/16 scale model I recommend:

• Panzer III Owner’s Workshop Manual
  • 652/17 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E,F,G Geratbeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung zum Fahrgestell 23.4.1940
  • 652/19 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E bis J Geratbeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung zum Aufbau 25.3.1942

These references and hours of multilanguage searches for photos, and I’m confident I have all the research information I need to get started.

I still need to fill in some gaps on the electrical systems however. I’m also still on the lookout for print or digital copies of:

• 652/26 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung H bis L Geratbeschreibung uns Bedienungsanweisung zum Fahrgestell 1.11.1942
  • 652/27 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E bis L Pflegeheft 1.11.1942
  • 625/28 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E bis J Fristenheft fur Schmieren und Pflegearbeiten zum Fahrgestell 20.7.1941
  • 652/52 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung L, M und N Geratbeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung zum Aufbau 15.5.1943
2 Likes

Hi shonrs!
I have the same plans
could you share the literature in the form of scans if any? thank you in advance =)
skryginserg@yandex.ru

Shon,
I know you wanted pictures; this is what I used for my 1/25th scratch-built PVIII.
It’s from Model Art, it is awesome, if you can’t find it, let me know I can send you it. I am done with it and doubt I am gonna be building another, LOL