Pz.Kpfw.III References Needed

Dear All,
I’ve never done a 1/16 project before. The recent Das Werk Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J release finally hooked me. I’d like to do a “David Parker” sytle build of this kit. I currently have a mix of references of varying quality/usefulness:

ModelArt AFV Super Detail Photo Book Vol.6 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J/L
PanzerTract No.3-3 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf J,L,M,und N
Panzer III & Its Variants
Achtung Panzer No.3 Panzerkampfwagen III
Various Internet Photographs

I’m looking for additional references that cover all the interior components and layout. The driver/radio operators stations, fighting compartment, turret, engine bay. Also drawings and references on the components. Cannon, machine guns, transmission, radios, engine, electrical etc.

I’m looking for out-of-print publications, drawings, photographs from personal collections, any thing. If you have references you’d like to share, reply or reach out to me.

Thank you,
Shon

Well, you already got the best three ones I firstly thought so I can not add much more… Maybe Haynes?

I had heard of this reference, but was unsure if it was worth it. However, you and other people have endorsed this book.

Thank you,
Shon

Dear All,

I have found all the Panzer III “technical” references I’ll likely ever need. I’ve found that I already had the most useful published resources there are, namely:

• PanzerTract No.3-3 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf J,L,M,und N
  • ModelArt AFV Super Detail Photo Book Vol.6 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J/L

In terms of information provided, if you read the text and correlate to photographs, everything needed to build an excellent 1/35 scale model is in these 2 references for a Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf. J/L. In order to go the extra mile for detailing a 1/16 scale model I recommend:

• Panzer III Owner’s Workshop Manual
  • 652/17 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E,F,G Geratbeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung zum Fahrgestell 23.4.1940
  • 652/19 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E bis J Geratbeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung zum Aufbau 25.3.1942

These references and hours of multilanguage searches for photos, and I’m confident I have all the research information I need to get started.

I still need to fill in some gaps on the electrical systems however. I’m also still on the lookout for print or digital copies of:

• 652/26 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung H bis L Geratbeschreibung uns Bedienungsanweisung zum Fahrgestell 1.11.1942
  • 652/27 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E bis L Pflegeheft 1.11.1942
  • 625/28 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung E bis J Fristenheft fur Schmieren und Pflegearbeiten zum Fahrgestell 20.7.1941
  • 652/52 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausfuhrung L, M und N Geratbeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung zum Aufbau 15.5.1943
1 Like