Q on UK Field Artillery

Yep got the set👍looks very much like the old Castoff models set but it’s good!

I’ve never seen this stuff before, they have some really nice bits and pieces. Their prices range from really reasonable to quite expensive, however the kits look really good. I just wish someone would do modern British Army with Virtus kit.

Hi Guys,
thanks for the interesting facts.I see how I can use it when I purchase the AFV Club kit. For now I continue building my FV434 conversion.

Does this set have what you are looking for?

I don’t remember Cromwell doing any, but then, my memory isn’t brilliant. I do, however, remember the much lamented Castoff doing some; he also did some interesting conversions for Brit stuff. Sadly no more.

Anyway, delighted that Newlands is filling the gaps, and then some.

VIRTUS gear
https://www.soldiermod.com/volume-22/source-2019.html

I’ve got the modern weapons set, but all of the current modern British Army figures are about 5-6 years out of date. Virtus is the current armour, load bearing and helmet system issues to British Forces.

None of Gecko’s modern British figures are up to snuff? They look pretty current to my untrained eye.

Sorry you are right it was castoff​:roll_eyes::+1:

1 Like

:wink:

4 Likes

Classic Stik! I was just watching that with my Dad last weekend lol.

3 Likes

The Gecko figures are ok for late Afghanistan as the figures are equipped with Osprey body armour and Mk7 helmets. The Masterbox figures gave you a choice of Mk6a or Mk7 helmets so early or later figures can be made. They also have L85A2’s.
This was all starting to change in 2016 when the first Virtus sets were issued to 16 Air Assault Brigade and from there rolled out to the rest of the Army. The new Virtus kit was what the Paras wore during the evacuation in Kabul along with L85A3’s.

I was issued Osprey and Mk7 helmet but my son has Virtus and having tried his on it’s quite shocking how superior Virtus is, and I thought my stuff was good.

The only one I could find, a few years back, of the radio stack on a m110/107.
Think it’s more of a FACE information for each gun calculation.

3 Likes

Surely there are enough available photos of that radio to do a good facsimile of it.
That is if Accurate Armour don’t already do one.

Great mustache by the way.

7 Likes

At the Royal School of Artillery, Larkhill, Wiltshire in UK.

2 Likes

If only US Army Regs allowed for such mustaches… Hell, the Navy used to allow full mustache and beards for NCOs

I was at a Navy base today. They still do, apparently.

As for the Army, this’ll have to do until I find my Fu Manchu photo:

3 Likes

Yeah, modified grooming standards in theater for working with the locals. Otherwise its the damned can’t pass the corners of the mouth/upper lip BS…

Nice to see that the Navy has brought back one tradition… not for religious reasons or a shaving profile.

1 Like

Would the regulations allow a moustache that doesn’t extend outside the width of the nose,
the so-called toothbrush moustache?