Questions on German World War II TDs

I think a little simpler subject suits me more. So I look for a Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer later on. I’m going to learn how to weather. The Famo I’m still working on doesn’t require weathering according to the photo I’ve seen and I’m using as reference to build of.

I think Jagdpanzers are more well suited to my current level of skill. And I already got a kit of Italeri of a Jagdpanther with Winter Crew. So that would be a nice continuation of the subject I already got.

1 Like

The Italeri Jagdpanther is perfectly fine for honing skills and learning. The relatively simple structure and large road wheels of a Jagdpanther make a great canvas. With a nice paint job, it can look quite good. Sometimes, I enjoy taking an older kit and trying to make it really shine. With enough extra detailing, such models can compete on a show table with much newer kits.

One more resource for you: Scalemates

Scalemates is a database of model kits and after market accessories. Many entries include links to instructions, online reviews (text and video), relevant accessories, and price comparisons.

For example, here is the page for your tank destroyer: Italeri Jagdpanther with Winter Crew

If you scroll down to the ‘Product timeline’ section and click the 2007 version of the kit, you will find another database entry with links to reviews of the same model, without the figures. Reviews often contain links to reference sources, and those references will provide you to more information about a given vehicle. Armorama comes up frequently within the Scalemates ‘In-box reviews’ section, making it very easy to find relevant information from the old Armorama site.

Good luck with the Jagdpanther! That is one of my personal favorite armored fighting vehicles.

1 Like