Regen Halt Das Jabos Heutefern Rain keeps the Jabos away today, Panther Ausf G 1. SS - Panzer Retreat from Normandy 'Inspirations' by Lester Plaskitt | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/regen-halt-das-jabos-heutefern-rain-keeps-the-jabos-away-today-panther-ausf-g-1--ss---panzer-retreat-from-normandy-inspirations-by-lester-plaskitt
2 Likes

Awesome vignette! Love the finish and weathering. For the future, you may wish to have someone check the German, however. I believe it should be: “Das Regen hält die Jabos heute fern.” One of our German modeler colleagues might want to verify that. Also, the soldier on the rear deck appears to be wearing an officer-style crusher but has enlisted shoulder boards.

Correctly it should read.
Der Regen hält die Jabos heute fern.

Picture 6, from the front with the dark cloud background looks awesome!!!

Plenty of evidence of nco’s with schirmmütze / crusher caps (With and without the chinstrap)
https://www.google.com/search?q=ss+oberscharführer&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwifh6n-2-vzAhUah6QKHY7yCasQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ss+oberscharführer&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIECAAQEzIGCAAQHhATOgYIABAHEB46CAgAEAgQBxAeULLUAljD1wJg89sCaABwAHgAgAE7iAGqAZIBATOYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=ON15YZ-LCpqOkgWO5afYCg&bih=937&biw=1903&hl=nl#imgrc=t9WA9GhdrzrxRM

Some even wore Officer belts
G mooyman First non German ,Germanic (Dutch) recipient of the KC

I stand corrected. I still maintain that it was somewhat uncommon, but it certainly a nice touch in this setting. Also sorry about the gender mistake on “Regen”. Thankfully, you cannot be arbitrary about reassigning gender in German. :slight_smile:

Nice picture! Haven’t seen it before. Not only is he wearing an officer belt but also an officer cap. I suspect he may have received a “battlefield promotion” because of the Ritterkreuz and didn’t have the officer boards available for the shot.