Restoration of a Porsche 934

I’m revisiting this build. I’m calling it the restoration of a Porsche 934.
The Eagle eyed among you will notice (apart from a few bits that have fallen off and some spray splatter on the background from its storage in the garage it doesn’t need much restoration, well I have a cunning plan, I’m going to age it quite drastically, maybe have it languishing in a yard resting on bricks with the engine on a pallet covered by a tarpaulin, maybe even with a tree or Bush growing out of the car.
Then I am going to do a full restoration of it, that’s the plan anyway.

2 Likes

OK so made a start on the pallet for the 934 engine, bit more work to make it more realistic but quite pleased with it so far.

2 Likes

Hi all more work on the 934, first pic is my rendition of the tarpaulin over the engine (its just a bit of printer paper) second pic will be a couple of slabs of concrete when finished.

1 Like

Ken,
It truly breaks my heart to see any Porsche, especially a 934/935 being left out in the cold to rust and age in such a forgotten state.

The good news is that you’re going to do a full factory restoration to bring this classic and iconic Porsche back to it’s glory. Needless to say I’m looking forward to this progress with great interest.

joel

Started the rusting on this.

2 Likes

looking at those pictures is a depressing sight for sure.

I’m still trying to figure out how you’re going to go about both getting 935 into such a weathered state, and then do a full restoration without bringing the model back to the condition it was originally in?

joel

You will just have to stay tuned

Started the rusting on this (still a long, long way to go) it a fine line between beliavable and too far quite pleased with the start I know some of the rust looked very granular and there is not enough colour variation but it’s definitely a good starting point.

I’ve decided not to have a tree growing out of it instead it will be a bramble (undecided whether winter spring or summer with nice juicy berries on it) im finding it very difficult to decide on the final setting, I was thinking of having the bonnet chucked on the roof with gouges and scratches or as it is now but I could sling the doors I could sling anywhere in the car or maybe even have one laying on the ground no where near the car almost over grown.

Ken,
The rust application does indeed look good, but seeing a Porsche 934 in such condition is just so depressing for this Porsche fan. :disappointed:

joel

Luckily it won’t end up that way

Ken,
I’m counting on it.

joel