Revell 1/24 VW samba bus conversion

Hi all this was donated to me by a friend(he was doing it as a van) I have other plans for it, it will be a very rare custom made version (the guys at work will know where I’m going with it as we have the actual vehicle in the workshop)

3 Likes

More work done to this, that is the basic shape of the vehicle a few doors to add and lots of details to the bed to add.

2 Likes

Hi all this is what I’m aiming for, it has a very unusuall way of loading cars (which i am ambitiously aiming to depict)

2 Likes

This is very cool! You certainly have a knack for finding some “off-beat” subject matter Ken, great stuff!

Cheers, D

1 Like

Very interesting Ken ! You are a very prolific modeler- always something going across your bench .

1 Like

Thanks guys
I need to make lots of louvers for the samba bus conversion so heres my simple answer, glue bade to base at half the thickness of a cocktail stick run that through blade then turn the resulting halves 180° and run through aginn all I have to do now is round the ends off and I have my louvres.

2 Likes

I would be tempted to use something like this from Archer myself.

Like what you have done so far.

1 Like

Tried making the louvers out of quartered cocktail sticks, not very successful

I measured the louvers and they are 20mm wide the quarterd cocktail sticks are 1 1/4 mm so way out of scale.

I have another idea up my sleeve let’s see how that works.

2 Likes

Hi

Great work.

Is this truck a kemperink?

Regards jason

1 Like

Don’t know Jason
Here is one of the cars it usually carries (it also carries a 904 a 910 and another rsr cafe mexicano)

1 Like

Wow,

All kinds of cool there.

The only company I know that made these extended trucks was Kemperink. There may be others and this might even be a one off.

Looking good

Regards jason

1 Like

Added some of the pipework, the heater ducting and started scratchbuilding the new brake servo we’ve added.

3 Likes

Did some more work on this.

3 Likes

Well this arrived for the samba bus conversion, fair bit of bodywork modification needed (doing it as the cafe mexicano version) made a start on the modifications. The kit itself looks really good all the molding is very crisp and sharp and detail looks well defined.

2 Likes

More work converting the 934

3 Likes

OK so good weekend spraying, got the base colour on this OK its not great but I don’t claim to be an expert

3 Likes

Looks great and definitely a one of kind!!! That ought to stop and get more than a few looks at a show.

Ken,
I just can’t keep up with all your builds these days. The conversion of the VW bus to a car hauler is truly amazing. I’d say judging from the pictures of the real one, your model of it is spot on.

As for the Porsche 934 body work conversion, it’s just super impressive to say the least. I’m sure that the real car has been or is in your shop.

joel

VW Transporter T1 Renntransporter Long | AutoModeler

I think somebody is watching you Ken!

Lovely progress on this project.

2 Likes

Thats a bummer, still I could get the decals from there.