Revell 1/24 VW samba bus conversion

This thread was the first thing I thought of when that was posted but noticed the scale difference.

I got the scale wrong this is 1/24 too

Ok, I changed the title to 1/24. Revell has a 1/16 version as well but scalemates didn’t have a box art matching yours but defaulted to you know better. If yours was 1/16, I was going to say the decals look like locally printed so they might be able to scale up for you.

Thanks mate
To be fair (since we have the real one to look at) it’s not very accurate in some places there are too many louvres and in others not enough they are all the wrong size and are inward pointing whereas they should be outward facing, it’s quite pricey as well for a conversion kit.

No problem. Thanks for the mini review.

Hi all the bunkerwagen progresses.

4 Likes

Looking great! Of course, it’s probably not a good thing that the front end crumple zone ends somewhere around the driver’s pelvis…

1 Like

Built in safety feature Lee, they don’t go fast enough for anything to crumple :grin: :grin:

4 Likes

most impressive Ken! :slightly_smiling_face:

When I drove trucks as a younger man there was a saying regarding cabover rigs - in an accident the driver arrives first .

1 Like

More done on the bunkerwagen

4 Likes

So did some work on the way im going to have the bunkerwagen load cars, I think it will work, time will tell.

2 Likes

Hi all tried a mock up of loading the car, obviously didn’t tie it up well enough, bit peed off the wheels don’t turn on the car as its loaded (I wonder if it’s not heavy enough they turn freely by hand)I think the speed is about right.

The cab is a bit wonky will need to work on that

2 Likes