Revell 1/25 Porsche 911 conversion to a GTS

Hi all my boss asked me to build this kit for him but as a GTS

First thin on my list (there is so much on the list)

The kit is for a 6 spark engine(the GTS was 12 spark) so 12 HT leads and 2 coils, so cut the first coil off the fan shroud (not mounted there on a GTS) and cut the distributor off to make room for the new 12 spark one.
Here is what the kit supplies

So i cut it off

Heres a start the new distributor

Still got to add the 2 coil wires but OK for a start.

Luckily we have the car he wants it modeled on at work (so no shortage of reference pics)

(There is so much to change)

2 Likes

Another cool project Ken, great to see! It must be hard coming back down to the small scale after your last few giant projects!

Looking forward to progress reports on this one, best of luck with the build!

Cheers, D

Thanks yes the smaller scale is a challenge

Hi all progress continues on this (here are pics of the actual engine we’re aiming for.

And here’s what we’ve got so far

2 Likes

Hi all made some air filters from some sprue.

2 Likes

Started flaring the rear wheel arches.

The front will be a challenge.

1 Like

Ken,
Nice start to a very interesting and challenging build. The new 12 wire distributor and wiring really came out looking great.

The rear fender wells look like they were molded into the body. Looking forward to seeing how you handle the front fenders.
Joel

Hi all I don’t have the colour for this yet but I wanted to check i had the flaring right (which in primer you cant) so I sprayed the only quality colour I had on it just to check the finish (this was 2 pack paint so not full gloss) i just wanted an idea

As you can see a few problems to sort

This is what we’re aiming for.

1 Like

Ken,
Looks like you’re close to the picture, but it sure would be easier if you took a picture at the same rear angle and height for comparison.

Joel

I will love to but when I have the right colour as I think anything else will look different

Cool project. A smaller scale than I’m used to seeing you build in but progress looks good

Started on the interior (could be a problem here as the restoration at work hasn’t got this far) its quite interesting as to why these things take so long to complete (this restoration has taken 4 yes so far) reason being it was 1 of 4 cars built to this specification the other 3 no longer exists so the restoration keeps going on hold till the correct parts appear which can take months or even years to turn up.

1 Like

Ken,
The rear fender flares really look just like the earlier pics you posted. Well done.

Never thought about unavailable parts for a restoration. With only 4 of these cars ever built, what happens when you can’t locate a part?

Joel

Hi all I bet you thought I’d forgotten this, just been waiting for decent spraying weather (I know the weather still isn’t great but with help from a hair drier here is what ive got) I must say I’m quite pleased.

1 Like

Ken,
The gloss Red paint just blew me totally away.

joel

Hi all more work done on this one.

1 Like

Looking good, Ken.

You do take on some interesting challenges :slightly_smiling_face:

Ken,
I’ll 2nd what Russelle just said.

Joel

More done on this, going to have to do something with the ride hight, its awful

1 Like

Ken,
Agreed. the ride height for the Porsche is just way to high and just kills the overall look and proportions of the GTS. I’m sure that you’ll come up with a way to accomplish it.

Nothing like having the real car as your reference. you’re one really lucky guy.

joel