Revell 1/72 Platinum edition Gato class sub ( USS Cobia SS-245)

Very nice Ezra - this and the other projects you have been sharing with us. As others have noted , your work shows a level of skill far beyond your years . Keep it up young man - you have a lot to be proud of.

2 Likes

Ezra - what everybody said, great work! I would’t even say the weathering is too extreme for a boat coming home from a war deployment. Ships can look really worn out if you don’t have the chance to constantly re-paint them, which would be the case here.

Looking forward to seeing it all falling into place!

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Looking good Ezra!

The weathering looks good to me too! :slightly_smiling_face:

Great job so far Ezra. Really like the conning tower detail and the decking … Very very nice :+1:

1 Like

Looking great!

1 Like

Great job, my LCT variants are not going to be anything near as good as this. I have never built armour so don’t have those weathering skills. I have often rusted ships but there is much I need to learn. Keep it up.

1 Like

I missed this one,the detailing is outstanding

1 Like

That’s a great model of the USS Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. But it looks like tropical storm Elsa blew away most f the wingy-thingies.

1 Like

Ezra, That conning tower looks so good you could easily use it on its own on a sea base showing the boat breaking the surface!

Again, great work!
:grin:

2 Likes

Nice choice of the Flasher. My Dad was an EMC2 on the Hawkbill. The Flasher, Hawkbill, and the Becuna did a patrol together in November '44. Cool little tidbit.

-Mike

A commendable effort. However there are many glaring inaccuracies in this build, both in building and finishing.

Please, expand on your insights and be specific so that we may benefit from your building and finishing expertise. We meet here to share, discuss, and celebrate our hobby, and constructive, fact-based comments and even respectful criticisms are always welcome. However, we learn nothing from unsupported negative comments. Please keep this in mind when commenting on others work.

4 Likes

Comments without supporting detail, fall into its own separate category.

3 Likes

Odd timing…they joined 16 hours ago and this is the first and only post…

3 Likes

And only topic read…. very strange

G.O.? Is that you?
I wonder if any of the moderators could trace the IP address to this hovel in Independence, MO?
Oops. My bad. I was admonished once for posting a photo of your castle. I’ve deleted it. How about photos of your charming neighbors instead?

The IP-nr belongs to some internet provider in Vancouver, Canada,
TELUS Communications Inc. Another IP-nr search service locates the IP-nr in Toronto
A VPN could make it possible but I doubt it

That fact that it moves around makes it highly suspect. I doubt though that you will be able to pinpoint it to the girlfriend’s basement. I’ll not post a photo of her though - not out of any sense of decorum but rather to spare the viewers,

3 Likes

Atlanta GA could have been my mistake.
The different search engines answer differently, some give the adress of the entity that has “bought” the address range containing that specific number, others answer that the IP-nr is located in a specific city or town.
Telus seem to be nationwide in Canada

I checked a few more of the IP-nr lookup services and Surrey (south of the River from Vancouver) in British Columbia seems to be the consensus.

I must admit, I did wonder if it was the same person as before…