RFM's new T 55 looks tasty,

Scroll down and pics of Rye’s extra PE and 3D set for the kit-

2 Likes

Box art-

2 Likes

This kit is on ebay, but according to HLJ it will be released in February.
That is all.

1 Like

Stop it, please…

:smile:

I admit that I’m a RFM fanatic.
I will stop!

I’m telling the mods you are making me buy more stuff…

1 Like

Better that you tell your loved one!
More kits = world peace.

1 Like

Yes, RFM are good kits, and I hope they release a family of 55 based vehicles… I’m thinking Achzarit current model with Drakonit RWS, and a Hatap engineering vehicle. Thank you, please come again

1 Like

As much as I love Miniart and want to support them in the current world situation, their kit are insanely time consuming with so many details that can be cast in 1 pieces instead of several smaller ones, especially those that are not really optional nor needed any movement. On their Soviet limber kit for example, 9 pieces for a singe wheel that can be done in 2 pieces.

The RFM kit are more intermediate level friendly. Another company to put in consideration is Takom, they have a small collection of T-55AM and Type 59. Though, I prefer kit with interior and clear hull if possible.

Track wise, the 3D printed and vinyl stuff are quite good. Not as heavy as the metal tracks for the sagging effect, but it can still be done. They are also easier to use than metal track.

1 Like

I’m hoping they do the Slovenian M-55S-

2 Likes

I tried building one of their T54s and it became pure drudgery-soft plastic and as you said, way too many parts.
No thanks.
I’m thinking of kitbashing their 54 with a takom 54 so I can finish it.

Or just bash it. I’ve contemplated Miniart kits, but never carried through on it for that reason.

Happy new year, too
images (64)
In case RFM needs a little motivation

I hope that too! :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely add an RFM T-55 to my stash. It’ll compliment the MiniArt T-55A mod. 1970 I already have.

Ive got some OmsH and RmsH resin tracks built up already in the stash waiting for a suitable project. I think once you take the tracks away, the RFM T-55 should be an absolute dream to build. Big fan of theirs. Just not their tracks hahahahaha

The tracks have a jig and you simply push pins in the end. Looks pretty simple.

As long as the pins are long enough.

Yes, @Meng, I am looking at you here.

The pins are never quite long enough and you need insanely accurate adhesive application skills in order not to end up with a non-working track.

There are hardly any ‘workable track link’ ensembles that come with kits these days that I don’t instantly discard and go to Friulmodel for.

1 Like

I simply forget about that “workable” feature and go straight for ‘glued stiff and solid’

5 Likes

Workable is nice for mounting the tracks and putting them in a dio, but after that it doesn’t do much good

2 Likes